return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Entering my first race......uh I'm a noob HELP!
View this Thread in Original format
euphoria
Ok...so I have decided to enter on my companies team to this 3.5 mile race at Jones Beach. Its my first time. I know a couple of people on this side of the forum enter into these types of competitions all the time so I was hoping some of you could give me some tips....like how to prepare, what to do the night before and the day of, how to run effectively, and any other running or jogging tips you may have.

Thanks

Z

The beneficiaries are :

Children's Medical Fund of New York
Children's Medical Fund of New York was established in 1966 by a group of visionaries, who thought the region needed a dedicated children's hospital. A nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, the founding leadership advocated for a hospital to be built, won its authorization, and raised the funds necessary so that the resulting Schneider Children's Hospital opened its doors in 1983. CMF remains the hospital's largest supporter, with millions of dollars raised to advance the medical care, increase technological capability, support educational information, and improve the lives of seriously ill children and their families. Operating from its New Hyde Park offices, CMF designs events in New York and on Long Island to attract major support and create awareness of its mission. For information, visit www.cmfny.org or call 516-352-3344.

AND

Skills Unlimited, established in 1954, provides comprehensive rehabilitation services to adults with mental retardation and developmental disabilities and mental illness. Services include: vocational evaluation and training, supported and competitive employment, sheltered employment and mental health services in our licensed mental health clinic. Contact us at 631-567-3320 for more information about our organization.

Here are the details for the event.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Workplace Challenge

Lace up your running shoes! On Tuesday, July 25, a B & N team will be participating in the inaugural Marcum & Kliegman Long Island Workplace Challenge at Jones Beach State Park.

Marcum & Kliegman LLP, an accounting and consulting firm, has assumed the title sponsorship of the 2006 Marcum & Kliegman Long Island Workplace Challenge. This event will be taking the place of the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge, which had been Long Island's largest participatory sports event for the past two decades.

Open to employees of corporations, businesses, and financial institutions, the Workplace Challenge is a 3.5 mile run open to all racers, joggers and walkers in company teams.

To participate on our team, you must be actively employed, working a minimum of 25 hours a week for at least three months before July 25. Summer employees, employees on leave, and consultants are not eligible. Team members must be at least 18 years of age as of the race date.

If you are interested in participating on Tuesday, July 25th, please be sure to register online no later than Tuesday, June 20!

Click here to register:
https://www.doitsports.com/enter.tc...&team_id=248009

Please note that if you decide to participate, your entry fee is waived - do not pay online! Also, please remember to select a t-shirt size.

For more information about the run, go to http://www.mkworkplacechallenge.com/
dj_alfi
dude, 3,5 miles is eeeasyyy
Boomer187
if you dont run at all right now...hit the treadmill. Start off running 2 mins at a decent pace and then 2 mins at a fast walk, do that for 20 or 30 mins. Then after a week bump it to a constant run. Always drink bunch o water during the day....and take steroids, lots of them.
Vikingus
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
if you dont run at all right now...hit the treadmill. Start off running 2 mins at a decent pace and then 2 mins at a fast walk, do that for 20 or 30 mins. Then after a week bump it to a constant run. Always drink bunch o water during the day....and take steroids, lots of them.

Dude I think she said it's only a one time thing heheh ... steroids?
XoxidE
this is what i dont get, how does running help out the Children's Medical Fund of New York or Skills Unlimited???
Ygrene
quote:
Originally posted by Vikingus
Dude I think she said it's only a one time thing heheh ... steroids?

POWNED!
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by XoxidE
this is what i dont get, how does running help out the Children's Medical Fund of New York or Skills Unlimited???

usually there is a fee to enter the race and the money raised goes to whatever foundation.
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
POWNED!

ROFLMAO!
Ygrene
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
ROFLMAO!

What in the name of all that's Holy does your sig mean?!?!

AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevieboy32808
If you can't afford a treadmill, go to Manhattan and on 145th street there is a park called Riverbank State Park. It's the only state park in the city...or state? I'm not that good with the history of parks but regardless go there and you'll see they have a beautiful running track for you to practice on.

Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
What in the name of all that's Holy does your sig mean?!?!

AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at it slowly and you will see!

oh and buy comfy running shoes too, they help a ton.
Taub
Go for a run in alley pond its 2 miles one way(from winchester to Clear view) or you can go to bayside marina and run by the LI sound(bell blvd to northern along the CIP)its about 2.5 miles one way.
Both are good runs, alley pond has more hills and its cooler when the sun is out. If you go run at the marina dont run around rush hour, it gets tooo hot especially because of the heat from the cars on the Cross Island.

3.5 miles is and easy run should take about 30-35 mins
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement