return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Are you as good actor as dj?
View this Thread in Original format
gorex
I personally wasnt born a shy person. Depending on the crowd, venue, and music played, I usually put on the gestural, smiling, dancing without going over board (read: jesus tiesto pose)
my weakness: eye contact with people.
Pinokio
I go crazy, jumping,extremely smiling, but in normal life situations I can be a little shy.

but I don't find my actions as an acotr, it's more like a nawtural reaction to music.

it depends on the personality of the people, just express yourself as you are,and don't try to be something youy are not.

The important thing is to look confident on stage.
Pinokio
quote:
Originally posted by gorex
my weakness: eye contact with people.

There you got a problem, you should try toworkonthat, beacuse eye contact makes you look confident about what you are doing.

That's not only for Djing,it's in every human relations.
gorex
actually I work in a cutomers/partners/meetings environement in my every day life and, believe it or not, interpersonal contact is a factor of my success in my field.

however when djing I tend to keep the eye contact much shorter and less frequent as compared to other circumstances as mentionned above.
gorex
did I say I'm working on it? ;)
Pinokio
quote:
Originally posted by gorex
actually I work in a cutomers/partners/meetings environement in my every day life and, believe it or not, interpersonal contact is a factor of my success in my field.

however when djing I tend to keep the eye contact much shorter and less frequent as compared to other circumstances as mentionned above.

I understand what you mean
maybe that's just a sing that you are not so confident when Djing

my advice would be to trust and believe in your music, for this you have to practice a lot and be sure you are creatinga journey.

When I', Djing live I trust in the music I play, and I'm 100 % sure that my music it's beautiful, that helps you a lot beacuse you will look more natural.

It might sound Cursi, but it works.
chubbs
I'm a fairly shy and timid kind of person usually, but when I start playing the tunes I love up there and see the crowd's reaction, I go nuts. Jumping around behind the decks, constantly dancing around and revving up the crowd with lots of outward hand movements and the like. Obviously only during the appropriate moments, like really ramping up the crowd during a buildup and then jumping around all over the place when the track hits the breakdown.

I've found that if you show them that you're getting into it, then the crowd is much more willing to feed off your own energy and really rock the place.
Acid John
well, chubbs, its like that with anything. you ever go to see a band or such and it sucked, mostly because nobody was into it?

its reciprocal... if the music act (band/dj/MC...w/e) is into it, the crowd can get into it. if the crowd is into it, its easier for the act to get into it... but if nobody starts, it goes nowhere, and starts sucking very quickly... unless you get the joy of playing right after a tiesto, a van dyk, or even an oakenfold... its up to you to start the crowd off.
ieko
Well, last time I played I fell backwards off the stage because I was rockin' out so hard so....yeah haha

I will admit though that I find it hard to make eye contact but I'm doing my best to work on it.

My friends say I'm loud, but people who don't know me say I'm quiet.
DJ 00 Tommy
Iv been working a supermarket job for a while now and it has boosted my social skills %1000. You learn alot about putting up with dumb people are starting conversations n all that kind stuff, im not talking about what they teach you in training but im just saying they are the kinds of things you pick up from talking to strangers all day long.

Aquarian
I haven't really played in front of people yet, but alone in my room I stay pretty serious.... and then out of the blue I burst into a robot dance. :wtf:
Tak Dub Bam
Always jumping, never overboard :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement