return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

home made pasta sauce?
View this Thread in Original format
nchs09
im gonna cook right now and i dont want to use emerils pasta sauce.. its .
DJ RJT
I have a recipe for a marinara sauce with roma tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, onion, salt, pepper, cracked red pepper, basil, oregano, and a touch of sugar, but I'm uncertain of the quantities for each... If you really want the recipe, I'll be happy to figure it out :)
kid nyce
sautee onions in pan with olive oil and crushed garlic
when onions clear through
add 1 pint of tomato puree
half a carrot shaved
add 3 cans of tomato paste
add pepper and oregano
in a seperate pan - fry ground beef
add ground beef to saunce
bring to a simmer

stir in real grated italian parmasean cheese and serve
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by kid nyce
sautee onions in pan with olive oil and crushed garlic
when onions clear through
add 1 pint of tomato puree
add 3 cans of tomato paste
add pepper and oregano
in a seperate pan - fry ground beef
add ground beef to saunce
bring to a simmer
thin slices of smoked mozzarella

Fixed. Smoked Mozzarella FTW!

My parents can their own sauce and it's damn good. I took 12 quarts when I was at home for Christmas, but between by girlfriend and I, I'm almost out now. I need to tell them to make more this year. :D
Stunade
You want the real, no can stuff? Here:
-you'll need plum tomatoes (preferably organic) wash them off and quarter, then pick out the seeds and throw in blender
-also throw in massive garlic cloves (fresh ones, peeled), fresh basil (just 1 or 2 leaves), fresh oregano and parsley (curly is best)
-get it nice and smooth, if it's too chunky, throw in extra virgin olive oil...too thin, throw in mozzarella
-that's about all, then put in a pan on the LOWEST flame and keep stirring, let it simmer 2-3 hours
all-nite-freak
the secret to a good pasta sauce is 3 ground meats(porc,beef,veal),cinammon,fresh basil,and oregano,lots of crushed garlic,fresh skinned tomatoes(the fresher the ingrediants the tastier the end result.)At the end stir in a tiny amount of heavy cream and add a spoon of hot pepper paste.

salt and pepper to taste, if tomatoes are slightly bitter add sugar or grated carrot.(if you feel crazy add some fresh ginger)

do not use vegetamable oil:tongue3
jdat
add some wine and vodka to the mix!
Zoso
Jesus, these all sound YUMMY!! :eyespop:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement