return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Review jOOf in San Diego
View this Thread in Original format
neinerlove
OMG is all i have to say! even michelle was dancing her ASS off to jOOf's set! i was in complete heaven the whole night. ruben and i were like the whole time what the !!!! we were kids in a candy store i tell you! about 30 or more peeps from LA made the drive down and john just turned on broadway upside down and with now help whatsoever from the opening "dj" and i use that term loosely. i didn't think on broadway would be able to handle john but let me tell you the crowd on the main dance floor was just ing destroyed. at the beginning before john went on he and i were talking and i was like how are you going to mix into this and as nice as john is he made the worst faces with the final few tracks and then asked the promoter to please end it and he then stepped up when most djs would have just stopped and started fresh, john ing mixes in effortlessly and that was all she wrote! more to come later but i thought it was hiliariously when john asked me if i knew the set times for edc. and i'm like no, i was hopping to get them from you and all he knew was that he was going on at something like 7 or 8.

amazing night, many thanks go out to victor, you rock and i owe you one! more to come later. just speechless!
\
sarah aka gypsygirl
Sydag5
I am pioneering a new saying. "You have been j00fed." I've never not had a good time at a j00f party. He's like John Shaft. "Mothaa, who delivers 10 times out of 10?"

::high backup singers voice:: "J00F, can ya dig it."
Orbital32
Great to hear you had an amazing night! Joof is the man, i remember when last saw him.... he ripped it hard!
lex400sc
wtf! as i was reading the review i was thinking damn this sounds exactly like sarah... low and behold...! :wtf:
neinerlove
so much more to say later but it will have to wait until tomorrow as we are now getting ready for edc! much more to tell and i can't wait to see rubens tracklists!!!!! and ing on the ground, when that was dropped i thought i was going to explode in a million pieces!!! i love that song. he also dropped rock your body rock from ferry and a very funky remix of it at that! oh so much, the best night by far. i am still pretty speechless.

signing off as sarah again
Electrophile
quote:
Originally posted by Electrophile in the J00F in San Diego thread
J00F was fookin' amazing!!! I hate the parking in S.D. ($15 to park your own car) I hate the crowd in S.D. (fake whores and flashy meat heads), I hate On Broadway (bad sound sytem, cheap set up), I hate Tim Ortiz (my name was clearly on the list but the fat bitch at the door said it wasn't even after I pointed it out to her fat ass. I had to pay $20, I hope she suffers a major stroke at the age of 35), J00F had the ABSOLUTE ING WORST AND I MEAN WORST EVER OPENING DJ!!! Seriously, they guy was playing Prince, Kelly Osborne and other top 40 filth. Imagine J00F mixing out of Kelly Clarkson :( I had so much hatred in my blood up until 11:23 pm when I spotted John. I will post a review and a pretty good tracklist (80% of the tracks) later on today after some sleep.

But before I go
TIM ORTIZ PRESENTS
EVENTVIBE
ON BROADWAY

Typing this got me angry all over again!!! GAAAAHHHHHHH This is why we need a 24 hour shooting range in my city!!! PEOPLE GET ANGRY AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT!!!

Don't have much time to write a review as I am getting ready for EDC but here is the tracklist that I pulled from my text messages to myself. I have a clip of every track so I will be able to ID more later on. MORE TO COME...

1. ID
2. ID
3. ID
4. ID
5. ID GTG #34, 3rd track
6. U2 - Vertigo remix (Redanka mix)
7. Psycraft - Feel the Vibe
8. Anton Chernikov pres. Crystal Verge - Evil Spice (original mix)
9. Wizzy Noise - Bendamin
10.Above and Beyond - Can't Sleep (psy test dub, or so says John ;)) OH MY F'ING GOD!!!!!:eek: :eyespop: :eek: :eyespop: :eek:
11.ID
12.Mandrake - Universal soul (Digital Blonde mix) :eek: :eyespop: :eek: :eyespop: :eek:
13.Wizzy Noise "squiggle" :eyespop:
14.Sub 6 - On the Ground
15.Xerox and Illumination - Oranda (final mix)
16.Astrix - On Fire
17.ID (mash up of 1998ish track with psy kick)

Encore
18.Astrix - Poison
19.Astrix?
lex400sc
astrix - on fire ch0000n! :eyespop:
that ferry remix was in gtg31 also btw
Electrophile
quote:
Originally posted by lex400sc
astrix - on fire ch0000n! :eyespop:
that ferry remix was in gtg31 also btw

Where? :conf: :conf: :conf:

John 00 Fleming - Global Trance Grooves 31, 08/11/05 (with Tikal)

Hour 1 - John live from Inside Out, Glasgow.

01: Ticon - In the Dirt
02: Ticon - Chicken Shaker
03: Wizzy Noise - Seven Deadly Sins
04: Electric Universe - Supreme Space
05: Beetseekers - Echoes
06: Psycraft - Feel the Vibe
07: Sub 6 - On The Ground (Chakra remix)
08: Ticon - The Analogue H
09: The Digital Blonde - Requia
10: Matt Darey - Eternity (John 00 Fleming remix)
Electrophile
If he drops the test press of "Can't Sleep" tonight @ EDC it is going to destroy teh place!!! The vocals are so tame and soothing and then you get this massive psy kick :eyespop: :eyespop: :eyespop: OWNAGE!!!
lex400sc
Hour 1 - John. Liveset from Inside Out, Glasgow.

01: Ticon - In the Dirt
02: Ticon - Chicken Shaker
03: Wizzy Noise - Seven Deadly Sins
04: Electric Universe - Supreme Space
05: Ferry Corsten - Rock your Body Rock (remix)
06: Sub 6 - On The Ground (Chakra remix)
07: Ticon - The Analogue H
08: Digital Blonde - Requia
09: Matt Darey - Eternity (John 00 Fleming remix)

cue: 33:00, it's actually less than a minute's worth :o

lex400sc
quote:
Originally posted by Electrophile
If he drops the test press of "Can't Sleep" tonight @ EDC it is going to destroy teh place!!! The vocals are so tame and soothing and then you get this massive psy kick :eyespop: :eyespop: :eyespop: OWNAGE!!!

take VID! :whip:
Electrophile
I have vid from last night. I will post it all on Sunday or Monday when I am back to regular energy levels. I will take a load of vid tonight. I have 2 gigs to use ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement