return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Rocky Jones: Pre-July 4th Mix
View this Thread in Original format
jrock2468
Thought I'd put up for y'all a recent mix I did live. There's both old and new stuff, so hopefully something for everyone. Thanks to Blake for letting me air/publish a mix with his remix in it. Although it's pretty new to my ears, he said he did it awhile ago.

Other tracks I especially like in it are Hustler and Les Djinns (I think all the tracks are fun, but those two are especially cool to me).

Have a great July 4th. I won't be in town, but I know Chicago will rock over the weekend. :)

Right Click To Download

Artist - Title (Remix)

Leama & Moor - Distance Between Us [Armada]
James Holden - A Break In The Clouds (Blake Jarrell Remix) [CDR]
Milke - She Says (Merka Mix) [Fat!]
The Similou - All This Love (Zoo Brazil Mix) [Back Yard]
Teamsters - Feels Like Love (Soul Avengerz Remix) [Positiva]
Erick Morillo - Let Me Tell You About House Music (Acapella) [CDR]
Dero - Dero's Illusion (Dero's Southamerican Vocal Mix) [Net's Work]
David Guetta vs The Egg - Love Don't Walking Away (E-Play Bootleg) [White]
Yello - Oh Yeah (Booka Shade Remix) [White]
Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler [Kitsune]
Erick Morillo vs. Metallica - Dancing 2006 (Sebastian Ingrosso Remix) [White]
Alanis Morisette - Uninvited (Brothers In Rhythm Mix) [White]
Royksopp - Sparks (MANDY Remix) [Labels]
Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns (Trentemoller Remix) [Capitol]

wolverine16
Looks good Rocky, will download & check it out at work today.
Aristronica
one of my patented reviews tomorrow. promise.
Daniel K
gonna grab this before i head south this weekend
Aristronica
alright got some time now
here we go -

nice tempo on the intro, i like it played a bit faster. good switch in bass on the mix, second song feels like a step down from the intro, still proggy tho so it works - has some minimal elements to it - i just don't like it's position within the set - the opening was a bit deeper and richer in bassline. I totally love your transition into breaks, very smooth. And there's a good flow right there two - the songs start fitting now. I don't like the mash-up between the lyrics of the next song, the track is still going "ohh-ohh-ohh" and the woman comes in - kinda kills it. A bit more housy now, good track selection...
ooo nice pick-up in the bass-line - hitting harder now, this part of the set really got me pumped up (feels like love). decent mix, the bass switch was a bit touchy but the songs still flowed, love the energy. Yello is a hot song... real good house selection through to this point.
Now some synthy electro, good mixing for the past 2 times. Metallica song is your highest point in the set I might've ended it with that because afterwards the energy really drops off for me. Especially with that loungy house feel for the last two tracks.

The mixing was pretty solid although it was obvious you did it on the fly - but for a non-planned set (which I hope it wasn't) it was pretty good. Your track selection is a bit inconsistent, mostly at the beginning and then the huge drop-off at the end. The strongest point was from about track 3 through to Metallica song - really had a nice rise in everything and smooth selection/mixing... I dunno B- for you.

sorry if i sound a bit rough in the review - this is just my opinion and i hope you take it no more than that. I'm just being honest.
jrock2468
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
one of my patented reviews tomorrow. promise.

Nice, I like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
alright got some time now
here we go -

nice tempo on the intro, i like it played a bit faster. good switch in bass on the mix, second song feels like a step down from the intro, still proggy tho so it works - has some minimal elements to it - i just don't like it's position within the set - the opening was a bit deeper and richer in bassline. I totally love your transition into breaks, very smooth. And there's a good flow right there two - the songs start fitting now. I don't like the mash-up between the lyrics of the next song, the track is still going "ohh-ohh-ohh" and the woman comes in - kinda kills it. A bit more housy now, good track selection...
ooo nice pick-up in the bass-line - hitting harder now, this part of the set really got me pumped up (feels like love). decent mix, the bass switch was a bit touchy but the songs still flowed, love the energy. Yello is a hot song... real good house selection through to this point.
Now some synthy electro, good mixing for the past 2 times. Metallica song is your highest point in the set I might've ended it with that because afterwards the energy really drops off for me. Especially with that loungy house feel for the last two tracks.

The mixing was pretty solid although it was obvious you did it on the fly - but for a non-planned set (which I hope it wasn't) it was pretty good. Your track selection is a bit inconsistent, mostly at the beginning and then the huge drop-off at the end. The strongest point was from about track 3 through to Metallica song - really had a nice rise in everything and smooth selection/mixing... I dunno B- for you.

sorry if i sound a bit rough in the review - this is just my opinion and i hope you take it no more than that. I'm just being honest.

Glad you enjoyed parts of it. It wasn't a preplanned set, other than I knew about 4 tracks that I wanted to make sure and fit in. Have a great weekend ;)
UWM
Downloading - will make for good listening on the way down to Chicago :)

Blake - you remixed ABITC??
Blake_Jarrell
quote:
Originally posted by UWM

Blake - you remixed ABITC??

that was one of the first things i ever did. i used the tools that were released with the original to construct it. still baffled how it got around.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement