return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Download Managers. Looking for a specific feature
View this Thread in Original format
Danila
Hi!

Here is the situation - I have a ftp server ( I have user/pass for it) that contains around 100 folders. In each folder there are tons of files with different extensions. What I need is to download the files from every folder with specific extensions - for example I only need files with extensions *.mmm *.sao *.dft etc

Anyone knows of a program that will do that? I have Get Right and NetVampire but yet to find a feature that does it. If anybody has any ideas please speak up, I will greatly appreicate it.

Cheers,
Dan
chojin
quote:
Originally posted by Danila
I have a ftp server

does this mean you can log into it?

or do you mean theres someone elses site directory you want to download files from?
Danila
quote:
Originally posted by chojin
does this mean you can log into it?

or do you mean theres someone elses site directory you want to download files from?

yeah its a ftp server and I have a login/pass to it
chojin
quote:
yeah its a ftp server and I have a login/pass to it

use an ftp program so you can view the files much like in windows explorer. arrange them by type, then queue up all the files within each folder.

or do a search request for *.file extension
david.michael
quote:
What I need is to download the files from every folder with specific extensions

yay pr0n
Danila
quote:
Originally posted by david.michael
yay pr0n

More like Ionograms :toothless
Danila
quote:
Originally posted by chojin
use an ftp program so you can view the files much like in windows explorer. arrange them by type, then queue up all the files within each folder.

or do a search request for *.file extension

Thats a good Idea. actually all the files I need line up neatly so I can just select them all. Now, repeat the procedure 100 times! This is much better then handpicking files though, I didnt even think of that
chojin
i just checked if the program i use has a search feature and it does. i use FlashFXP.

chojin
quote:
Thats a good Idea. actually all the files I need line up neatly so I can just select them all. Now, repeat the procedure 100 times! This is much better then handpicking files though, I didnt even think of that

using a search feature is even easier :)

a few clicks.
jdat
File type filtering in flashfxp will work but I'm not sure about it checking all the folders.

I say set the file filter for all the filetypes you want, have the client download all the folders and it will filter out what you don't want, and once you have the files on your local drive you can manually sort them ( I'm sure there's a way to set file extensions to save to certain local folders ).

chojin
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
File type filtering in flashfxp will work but I'm not sure about it checking all the folders.

i just tried searching my route dir:/ and that has no files within it only folders....so it did search the sub folders.
Danila
^^

I just downloaded and installed the program, connected to ftp, let me find the search feature
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement