return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Outlook Express experts here??? need help
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Kenosis
I know this isn't really a 'chill out' topic but it's completely unrelated to trance ... well, sort of.

I recently bought a laptop to replace my aging desktop. On my desktop I was able to read and answer email from my dj website using Outlook Express. I tried to set up Outlook Express on my laptop using the exact same settings I used for OE on my desktop. I am unable to connect to my mail server on my website.

Anyone have ideas on what I can do to connect to the mail server?
superglo
what error message are you getting ?
wizniz
outlook is the lose.

try gmail or some such quality jizzle
eXo
what do you have your pop3 settings set up as?
DJ Kenosis
quote:
Originally posted by superglo
what error message are you getting ?

The error message says ....
'the server does not support an SSL connection Server:smtp.starfieldtech.com Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: 250 Pipelining, Port:25, Secure(SSL): yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D

Any idea about what the hell that means?
DJ Kenosis
Now if i say that I don't need a secure SSL connection it tells me the following when i try to send a message:
Server message: 553, sorry that domain name isn't in my list of allowable rcpt hosts, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error number: 0x800CCC79

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)
StanVoid
google is your friend, you can just search for parts of the error message that you're getting and you'll find answers.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email...0x800ccc79.html

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
placebo
Make sure you set your server to POP3 and SMTP, depending on what your server administrator tells you to use.
DJ Kenosis
quote:
Originally posted by StanVoid
google is your friend, you can just search for parts of the error message that you're getting and you'll find answers.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email...0x800ccc79.html

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

that's really strange. I had done these steps before and I still got an error message. Now it works. Thanks for motivating me to try it again.
DJ Kenosis
grr, we're not quite done. I can receive mail but I can't send it yet. I've tried sending mail to my other email accounts and each one of those messages triggered an 550 error.

*edit* nevermind, I fixed it.

eXo
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Kenosis
Now if i say that I don't need a secure SSL connection it tells me the following when i try to send a message:
Server message: 553, sorry that domain name isn't in my list of allowable rcpt hosts, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error number: 0x800CCC79

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

You may get the error message

* 'The server does not support a SSL connection. Account; pop.servername.com Server smtp.servername.com' Protocol SMTP, server response '250 HELP' Port; 25, Secure (SSL) Yes, Server Error 250, error number 0x800CCC7D.'
* "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'test@hotmail.com' . Subject 'Trance addicts', Account: 'Test (servername.com)', Server: 'smtp.xxxxxxx.xxx', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to prohibited by administrator', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Solution
This problem happens because your version of Outlook Express is set up to use Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which Tiscali does not use.

To fix this problem:

* Open Outlook Express, and click Tools
* Then click on Accounts
* Then click on your Tiscali connection and click Properties
* Then click Advanced
* On this screen remove the checks from the boxes This server requires a secure connection for both Outgoing mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail (POP3).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement