return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

where to buy records and vinyls in ottawa?
View this Thread in Original format
cem
hey whats up? i just got my turntables couple of weeks ago and i would like to learn where i can buy some edm records here. these are the stores that i have found after my research but not sure if they are decent stores.
Vertigo Records
Organised Sound
Birdman Sound

any other suggestions?thanks
Kate Manus
Hi there!

having lived in Ottawa for awhile I know all too well how hard it can be to find much in terms of vinyl selection, for the style of music I play. You didn't really mention if you would be looking to buy stuff that is more on the housey tip, trance etc.. but either way, I think the few stores that used to specialize a bit more as far as that was concerned, like Functional records before it closed, are not around anymore.

The stores you mentioned I have been to and they are worth checking out for sure, but I don't think you will find a large edm selection unless they have changed.
People have told me though that Organized Sound will attempt to order titles you are looking for though so you might want to try them if you are looking for something specific.

Personally, I would prefer to shop locally when I can, but the stores here in Montreal have not been very accomodating at all and I think you will find much of the same in Ottawa.
If you decide to order online sometime, this is my favourite place:

www.juno.co.uk

hope that helps! nice to see people starting out/sticking with vinyl still these days... we are a dying breed it seems ;)
Marcus007
What's a vinyl?
Enjoy
cem
hey kate thanks for the answer. let me tell you i have never thought about getting cd players.records are the real ! the style i want is minimal techno and some progressive electro.peace
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement