return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Lofts
View this Thread in Original format
Aquadyne
Let me preface by saying that real estate is hardly my area of expertise:

so we need some leads on good ones if anyone knows agents who deal in them or knows any inside access with agents.

we need to get this done by 3rd week of august.

Specifically, we have 3 requirements:

1) 3 bedrooms
2) lots of sound proofing or isolated area to minimize noise complaints (above a warehouse or storefront would be nice)
3) $2000 rent limit, can push it higher if amenities are good enough. (might have to start playing weddings for extra $$$)

first and foremost this will be a place for parties.
secondly, me and andy will be living there

if you got good leads or hook ups email us at balticbloc@gmail.com

general comments can be posted here.

if you were at Andy's memorial day BBQ, this is what we are envisioning for the loft on a CONSISTENT basis to some extent.

p.s. yes, we are doing the whole craigslist, chicago reader, chicagoapartments.com, etc. thing but we think there are some people out there who can do it better than us

p.p.s. save your ty 19 s. wabash jokes cause you'll get an ass-kicking and a half from me next time I see you :cool:
Blake_Jarrell
I WOULD DIE FOR THE BLOCARMY
Aquadyne
a minute ago someone recommended to me the name "Bloc Parties" as the consistent event name

it's gonna be a great ing year
Blake_Jarrell
"Bloc Parties" is cute and will also confuse the out of the cops
delobbo
I'm in.
wolverine16
If anyone wants to bring housewarming gifts, we're gonna need an air hockey table and some wrestling figures. ;)
Aquadyne
quote:
Originally posted by Blake_Jarrell
"Bloc Parties" is cute and will also confuse the out of the cops

taping up a sign to the door that says on the front and back "If you want to know where the party is please turn over the sign" will probably buy us a few extra hours as well
dcctnycprincess
i think $1000 is pushing it for a loft depending on the area you want to be in.

best bet is to try craiglist
UWM
Just make sure your bathrooms are tarp-covered, waist-high outhouses!
delobbo
quote:
Originally posted by dcctnycprincess
i think $1000 is pushing it for a loft depending on the area you want to be in.

best bet is to try craiglist

I thought so too until Yuris showed me a link to a sickkk place for just that amount!

Aquadyne
it's definitely doable from what i've seen - furthermore, we're not too particular about the area, near an industrial area, some trainyards, etc would be optimal and the price would come down as well.
Ang ' ela_ie
A thousand dollars for a two bedroom loft is unreasonable. Id expect to pay 2000 in Chicago at least, especially if you want it above a store.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement