return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

What the funk is wrong with beatport ???
View this Thread in Original format
FunKenLouis
TERRITORIAL ERRORS in suck

they want us to buy the tracks or what ?

you guys are havin issues with that too ?

you canr download part of the tracks if youre not in europe or something ?
jesteraver
I downloaded stuff from them this morning... had problems logging in thought for like 10 mins. Other than log in problems, didnt have any other problems.
moevalith
I've had the same problem. Some digital labels are gay like that!!

They want to control the area by which a track is received. A label in europe may have a partnership with a label in north america, so the north american jocks would have to use the label closest to them. The reason for this is probably to better conduct distribution and promotion within the given territory and to control piracy. It only happens to the signed tracks that have a huge demand though.

You might be able to buy it if you spoof yourself; ie you can fool beatport and make them think you're in europe by using a proxy server within the allowed territory.
DJ Charlie
you can't do much about it...
try with audiojelly.com (good collection) or dance-tunes.com (not expensive but no 320kbps)
those are my top 3 stores

some people on TA were discussing about this before and i think you could work around the territorial thing depending on what internet browser you use... or was it by changing something on your proxy server ?!?!?
whatever
DJ Charlie
quote:
Originally posted by moevalith
You might be able to buy it if you spoof yourself; ie you can fool beatport and make them think you're in europe by using a proxy server within the allowed territory.

and do you know how to do it ?
moevalith
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Charlie
and do you know how to do it ?

Nope, I don't!! But if you find out I'd like to know.

You can probably find a free shell account on a unix system in europe and lynx(web browser) your way through beatport under their address. I wonder how beatport would look like under a 16bit app though.
FunKenLouis
its also about the territory itself... for exemple, i couldnt use a canadian visa in morocco to buy stuff from beatport... so you might need a european credit card

an ill find how to do it

dont worry im on it

lol
Enjoy
quote:
Originally posted by moevalith
You can probably find a free shell account on a unix system in europe and lynx(web browser) your way through beatport under their address.

haha what the hell :stongue: :stongue: :stongue:
Enjoy
i seriously doubt they limit the sales of songs by IP region
prolly by CC

btw to connect thru a proxy

- http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q...nG=Search&meta=

^^ find one that works (by running it thru ur browser, if u can open some page, it works)

- look for connection settings in ur browser options .. and enter it for HTTP

in Firefox,

Tools > Options > Connection Settings > General > Connection Settings > Manual Proxy Configuration >

enter the IP in HTTP Proxy and the port
Skipper
quote:
Originally posted by FunKenLouis
TERRITORIAL ERRORS in suck

they want us to buy the tracks or what ?

you guys are havin issues with that too ?

you canr download part of the tracks if youre not in europe or something ?

I've noticed this on a few tracks...I have no idea what it means.

all-nite-freak
quote:
Originally posted by Skipper
I've noticed this on a few tracks...I have no idea what it means.

it means that beatport does not hold the rights to sell the song in canada.If you look at closely, many tracks are released on different labels in north America than they are in Europe.Spoofing or using proxies will not work.The only way is to google the track and find another digital provider that has the rights to the track.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement