return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Harmonic mixing example by Shane 54
View this Thread in Original format
nennon
Dear All,

As a favor, Shane 54 recorded a special mix for Mixed In Key. For this mix, Shane 54 uses Ableton Live! to play 32 songs in just five minutes. Born in Hungary, Shane 54 has been producing and DJing for over a decade. This mix is 100% in key.

You can download and save Shane 54's mix here: http://www.mixedinkey.com/downloads...In_Key_demo.mp3 (7Mb)

Track listing for "Shane 54 - Mixed In Key demo":

01. Coldplay - Talk (Junkie Xl Remix) (EMI)
02. Ferry Corsten - Sublime (Thrillseekers remix) (Tsunami)
03. Cosmos - Take Me With You (vocal mix) (Polydor UK)
04. Blue Amazon - When The Rain Falls (Jackpot)
05. Dire Straits - Money For Nothing (Vertigo)
06. Bedrock - Heaven Scent (Bedrock)
07. Kraftwerk - Home Computer (EMI)
08. Benny Benassi - Satisfaction (Tony Murano Acapella) (Data)
09. Blur - Boys & Girls (EMI)
10. Viper - The Twister (Hooj)
11. Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (Roule)
12. Faithless - Insomnia (Acapella) (EMI)
13. 3 Drives - Greece 2000 (Hooj)
14. Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan - Song Of The Second Moon (Label Unkown)
15. Shane 54 vs Dj Junior feat Michelle Wild - 69 (Acapella) (Boring Records)
16. Tiesto - Love Comes Again (Bass Loop) (Black Hole)
17. Shane 54 - Equinoxe 4 (Original mix) (DTF)
18. Jean Michel Jarre - Rendez-Vous 1 (Polydor)
19. Pet Shop Boys - Miracles (Eric Prydzz remix) (EMI)
20. Annie Lennox - 1000 Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Techfunk remix) (BMG)
21. Johan Gielen - Physical Overdrive (UNB mix) (Tunes For You)
22. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes (Rob Searle mix)
23. Nalin & Kane - Beachball (Gabriel & Dresden South Beach mix) (Ultra)
24. Shane 54 - Valahol (Airbase pres. Parc remix) (Laptop Dj)
25. Esturea - Flow (Black Hole)
26. Ridgewalkers feat el - Find (Andy Moor mix) (Baroque)
27. Yilmaz Althanan - Eighties (Original) (Anjunabeats)
28. Yellow Magic Orchestra - Rydeen (Original mix)
29. The Thrillseekers - By Your Side (Martin Roth mix) (Adjusted)
30. Tatana - I can (Shane 54 Laptop Dj Remix) (Sirup)
31. Roc Project feat Tina Arena - Never (Acapella) (Tommyboy)
32. Depeche Mode - Everything Counts (Reprise) (Mute)

If you like how this sounds, please check out http://www.MixedInKey.com/ and Shane 54's DJ website: http://www.laptopdj.net/

Please post your thoughts!

Cheers,
Yakov
pkcRAISTLIN
you could also check the last page in the harmonics sticky for my mix which didnt use mixedinkey but my ears, which are much more reliable.

and then read the entire sticky, which will give you everything you need to know about how to mix harmonically. its really quite easy with a bit of practice, its FREE, and dontcha just love figuring out how your music works? it might even give you a sudden hunger for production.

just my 2 cents.
miamitranceman
Awesome.
s3nate
32 songs in 5 mins just sounds stupid.
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by s3nate
32 songs in 5 mins just sounds stupid.

Listen to it first..

I thought the same, but i have to say it obviously isn't something you want to hear all the time, but the tracks really are fluidly joined together (obviously seeing as ableton was used) But the track selection is spot on.

It's an accomplishment in my eyes to get 32 tracks to work together in such a short space of time. but it's only a once in a while thing which is what i think this is.

just my 2c
rustyryan
it doesn't sound stupid at all, s3nate. You could at least take 5 minutes to listen to the damn thing before saying what you think.

Nice job Shane54, this sounds great :) harmonic mixing rocks.
ô§§|E
hahaha, this is awesome, really, the way he has everything layered ..... that T/L just doesnt work either, i dunno how you'd put sections where he's got like 3-4 "bits" playing at the same time, but it is really really good!!!
Danila
That sounded great man.
Good Work
BOOsTER
good effort on the mixing...and it's actually pretty damn good job on mixing 32 tracks in 5 minutes...but I can't say I like it too...

and btw...nah, it won't make me buy mixed in key :P
Danila
^^

I dont think the mix was made for promotional purposes as far as listening to the mix. Just to show the power of harmonic mixing and what it can do.

BOOsTER
quote:
Originally posted by Danila
^^

I dont think the mix was made for promotional purposes as far as listening to the mix. Just to show the power of harmonic mixing and what it can do.

maybe you should read better...
quote:
As a favor, Shane 54 recorded a special mix for Mixed In Key.

still?
nennon
Shane has many examples of harmonic mixing on his site. I've listened to at least 30 of his live sets. I asked him to put together a mini mix and we were happy with how it turned out. It's a fun example of harmonic mixing. Pretty cool what Ableton Live and lots of DJ experience can do...

I think he should submit it to Annie Mac. She has 5 minute Mini Mixes on her Radio show. If you haven't heard it, it's on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/anniemac
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement