return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Traktor DJ Studio + Hercules Console
View this Thread in Original format
DJ HARN
Hi

Just wondering if anyone uses the hercules USB DJ console with Traktor DJ Studio. If so, what version of the software do you need for it to synchronise the commands. This is important for recording mixes, because a normal external mixer would not work in the same way. I would just like a bit of feedback about it before i decide to purchase the equipment. I do have traktor dj studio 2.0, but I have a feeling this will not work with the Hercules mixer. Also I would be interested to hear from anyone who uses any other types of external mixer with it.

Cheers,

DJ HARN.
spolitta
Your feelings aren’t correct, Hercules controllers are fully compatible with traktor 2 and 3. If I were you I would go for T3 as its on sale now for $99. I personally use the Hercules with a DJM mixer, this way I can assign the controller to what I need (Filter T2) and leave the mixing to be done on the DJM, and it will also leave you some buttons too, I don’t like the sound of the EQs on traktor anyways and if I don’t use an external mixer the signal is just too clean for my taste.
DJ HARN
So how do I go about connecting an external mixer? I have a multi-channel soundcard.
spolitta
quote:
Originally posted by DJ HARN
So how do I go about connecting an external mixer? I have a multi-channel soundcard.

You need a sound card with 4 outs, Hercules has 6 outs, the MK2 version has 4 outs. You have to setup traktor so it will send Deck A to channel 1/2 and the Deck B to channel 3/4, and connect the outs to your mixer just like a CDJ. For recording you need to send the master signal on your mixer back to your soundcard's input and tell traktor to record that channel. If you are not using an external mixer the recording process could be as simple as clicking record on traktor.

If you are serious about using traktor I suggest you to read the manual or start messing around with the software.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement