return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
My Career and Trance
View this Thread in Original format
daeus
Hi!

I've just graduated with an I.T Degree and I've begun the search for a full time job and plan to move away from my home town which is currently in the UK, Midlands.

I want to move to a place where I can "immerse" myself in Trance/Dance allot more than I do now, for instance right now I travel to Birmingham to go to most trance events, maybe once a month or less, but I listen to trance 24/7 and have been an addict since 98,lol.

I want somewhere where Trance is on my doorstep, I'm just properly getting in to producing + DJ'ing,I know Trance is a big hobby,for now, in my life and who knows what in the future.

My brand new CDJ800 MK2's,literally a month old, just got stolen - massive setback, but at least I've still got my production so it lets me concetrate on that allot more - looking at the bright side of things (even though its quite hard :/).

So i'm kind of after suggestions where to move to or any relevant general advice. I know mainland Europe,Holland etc.. has a big scene over there and Miami (yea maybe one day)etc... and I dont mind relocating abroard I suppose, depending on job opps.

Got a few interviews coming up near London and one near Bath FYI.

Anyone else been in the same boat ?

Cheers peeps
KilldaDJ
london and birmingham do trance nights i guess

and theres that talk of that rave in wales and stuffs in the uk forum
daeus
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
If you are moving someplace for the reason of being closer to parties I think you need to seriously reconsider your priorities.

lol, well thats kind of where trance gets played? I suppose a city is gonna be my best option, whatever city, never lived in one and can imagine theres allot more "happening" on the scene at these kind of places.
Aquarian
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
If you are moving someplace for the reason of being closer to parties I think you need to seriously reconsider your priorities.

Why? He's living life for the things he loves. Maybe you're the one who needs to reconsider your priorities.
jonSun
Souix City has the best trance ever. Move there, u wont regret it. I mean come on, its the city that founded Trance.
MichaelBoogerd!
i agree some balance is required, living away from home just for the music scene is 1 dimensional, but then so is doing it solely for they career/money.

I'd recommend holland if you want to have parties everywhere (in every style thinkable) and certainly Amsterdam has something for everyone. However, i'd also say the scene there is quite closed-doors, and it would take something big from your style or productions to open the door to acceptance.

I also actually originate from Walsall (you'll know where that is ;)) and moved over the holland in 2004. In about a year, i visited lots and lots of parties - but never actually made any impact there - also had some young upcoming buddies trying to break it in their own country too, and they also had similar difficulties.

Finding a city, that provides both the lifestyle you require, and the job you are qualified for is the key. As an IT qualified type, you aren't limited at all by where that actually turns out to be.

Now i'm in Bratislava, but thats for the women, not the scene or the work. So go figure! :D
colonelcrisp
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
Yea, but you have to find a balance... what if he can get a good job in a city that doesn't have any good nights... I'd take the job, because stability and money will ultimately leave you more fulfilled.

I just think its retarded to base your living situation on something as stupid as trance music.

for nou stability = a safe distance where daddy can send him all his money
Holymen
Trance is very small in macau so dont move here.
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
Yea, but you have to find a balance... what if he can get a good job in a city that doesn't have any good nights... I'd take the job, because stability and money will ultimately leave you more fulfilled.

I just think its retarded to base your living situation on something as stupid as trance music.

lol London .... bad city to find a good job in?

hello mister clueless!!!!!!!!!!!! :stongue: :stongue: :stongue:

and ps:
most cities with very active nightlife tend to be where the better economies are.
basd
No point in moving to Holland either. Trance is pretty much done here.

Allied Nations
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
I'd take the job, because stability and money will ultimately leave you more fulfilled.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

AHAH...

AHAHHAH...

Haha..

ha...

whew...

heh...

*cough*`
Allied Nations
Were you serious Nou? Money and Stability would be the last things tha would leave me fulfilled with my existence. Of course, I have things I'm passionate about besides money and stability, so maybe that's why...:/
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement