return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
calling TA cell phone experts! (t-mobile)
View this Thread in Original format
PhaseFour
hey so heres the deal-

last night my parents randomly canceled our t-mobile family plan in favor of cingular. they didnt warn me before. the problem is that my SIM card is now deactivated so i can't go into my phonebook :(. is there any way to get all this data off the SIM card, even illegally?

im using a brand new nokia 6102i now, if thats of any help.

thanks in advance!
jdat
You need a simcard reader.
Omega_M
don't you have them stored in your phone memory ?
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_M

Well that would depend on the phone configuration really.
PhaseFour
quote:

no i dumped them all into the simcard :(

where can i find a simcard reader?
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by PhaseFour
no i dumped them all into the simcard :(

where can i find a simcard reader?

Google ebay ... that kind of stuff.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16820281003

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...6&category=3311

( I can't vouch for these models or these brands so you'll have to figure out what's best yourself )
dallastar
i have roger's service in toronto, ontario canada!
Omega_M
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
Well that would depend on the phone configuration really.

Really ? My guess is that all phones have their own memory. I always duplicate my phone book and keep one copy on the card and other on the phone. Best way to prevent such things from happening.
jdat
quote:
Really ? My guess is that all phones have their own memory. I always duplicate my phone book and keep one copy on the card and other on the phone. Best way to prevent such things from happening.

It's the user who decides ( or leaves the cell phone on whatever default setting it is ).

Some users prefer to save on the simcard because they swap phones a lot, or perhaps they save only on the internal memory and sometimes both ( when they run out of space on either the sim card or the internal memory ).

The simcard adress book standard is universal so if the contacts are saved on the card you can easilly use it on another phone.

here's more simcard readers:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?b...sim+card+reader
yujie__
u can get a usb data cable for phone then install some software to read the phone

jdat
quote:
Originally posted by yujie__
u can get a usb data cable for phone then install some software to read the phone

yep that too!

remember ebay is your friend!

If you go and buy the "official" stuff at the stores they will usually rip you off.

But be careful on ebay ... they'll put 99 cents on an item for things like this and then charge you a ton for shipping :stongue: bastards!
yujie__
those expensive $.99 and unaffordable $.01 item are find depending on the seller, make sure you read alot of feedbacks
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement