return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Installing PHP with Apache update: fixed!
View this Thread in Original format
igottaknow
I installed Apache 2.2 and Php5 but I'm getting "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /webs/ on this server." when trying to view php page.

I'm running xp pro, I figure the folder/drive permissions must not be set correctly but I don't know how to set them. I need help! nerds unite

Edit: figured it out the ScriptAlias wasn't pointed to the php directory. :o
xtr3m
So, an all-in-one server package like WAMP is not something that you'd like to use?
prothoid
is there maybe an apache user or group for the windows version? you should try right click > properties on your webroot folder and make sure the permissions are such that anyone can access the folder to at least read files. im not too sure how to get to the security/permissions area of the folder properties. with xp pro i think its on the properties page of the folder somewhere, with xp home, i have to be administrator in safe mode to see the tab.
Jocker
use "filemon" from www.sysinternals.com to find out which directory/file gives "access denied" to which particular account - and change permissions accordingly.

but i can bet it's the "network service" or "local service" account.
Jocker
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
It has nothing to do with folder permissions in windows (since apache service runs as system and therfore has access to anything and everything it wants).

You have to set that in the httpd.conf file to allow directory listings for the folder besides root...

You probably didn't change the <Directory x:\path\to\www\> </Directory> in the httpd.conf file... look for that

i don't know about apache, but by default all services on win xp are launched as either "network service" or "local service". if the necessary account of those two doesn't have permissions to a folder (even if "system" does) it will give you a 403. iis works that way too. microsoft gave in to sysadmins' nagging and created more granular security for services long ago.
Lira
Igottaknow, have you ever tried Xampp? Ever since I installed it, I've never had problems with Apache (although, because it comes with PHP and MySQL pre-installed, I never had to mess with its configuration).
igottaknow
I figured it out.

In the httpd.conf the ScriptAlias location in the IfModule section was pointing to "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"

I changed it to the php directory everything was ok. :happy2:
Omega_M
Try installing this version of Apache. It might just work :wtf:

MLB
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_M
Try installing this version of Apache. It might just work :wtf:

roffels

i lawled for a while there.:wtf: :haha: :wtf: :haha: :happy2:
igottaknow
been there done that :stongue:

Omega_M
quote:
Originally posted by igottaknow
been there done that :stongue:

if it crashes, then you will be booked on terrorism charges.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement