return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
New to ableton
View this Thread in Original format
kramer333
Hi!

Im beginning to get more and more into ableton live production-wise and dj'ing!

Regarding dj'ing, I would just want to know how all you Ableton live djs setup your equipment and what you use?!

I need a controller, but the only thing I have is a Behringer DJX700 mixer! can I use that? and how?

help would be much apreciated!

cheers!

Kramer
Fl@k Monkey
Best way to go in terms of Ableton and djing is to get a soundcard with at least 2 outputs for mixing. Maudio are the when it comes to this sort of stuff.

From what i hear you can connect any analogue mixer to a soundcard through the mixers RCA outputs. But even then, im sure you would need a decent soundcard. Hope this helps
BOOsTER
if you have two channel output on your soundcard, use output 1/2 for your track 1
and output 3/4 to your track 2

then you have two stereo outputs to hook into your mixer...

Soundcard - output 1 - Mixer chan. 1
Soundcard - output 2 - Mixer chan. 2

you won't see the changes of your EQ's etc on screen..neither they are recorded...so get a midi controler soon if you're serious about it...

anyway...I did mixes in Ableton with just one channel and was quite ok too, if you have well warped tracks to work with it's a breeze...
k-cee
quote:
Originally posted by Fl@k Monkey
Maudio are the when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Correction m-audio is period. Too many issues with their interfaces
kramer333
Thanks alot guys for your help!

quote:
Originally posted by BOOsTER

you won't see the changes of your EQ's etc on screen..neither they are recorded...so get a midi controler soon if you're serious about it...

ok that sucks :p but I have seen that with the new pioneer DJM-800, you could both see the changes + it was recorded!

is it just the new mixers that is built for this?
Fl@k Monkey
quote:
Originally posted by k-cee
Correction m-audio is period. Too many issues with their interfaces

O'Rly?

eh, personal preference.
BOOsTER
quote:
Originally posted by kramer333
Thanks alot guys for your help!

ok that sucks :p but I have seen that with the new pioneer DJM-800, you could both see the changes + it was recorded!

is it just the new mixers that is built for this?

yup I believe the DJM800 has midi...so...
simplexdb
One piece of gear that would work nicely for what your looking to do is the MOTU UltraLite. Its got everything you would need to interface your DJ rig with ableton.

Check it out...

http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite
superglo
o the things i would do for a MOTU :(
Max Thomson
abletonlivedj.com

Psiweaver
whats that motu run about in the US
KilldaDJ
ableton pfft.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2