return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Another Serato Scratch Live Question
View this Thread in Original format
limin_li
Has anyone notice about the sounds of SSL. I am not talking about the mp3 quality of it. I am talking about every time you drop a new track onto the visual deck, and you blend doing the transition, but the beats sounds very weak and the highs are very weak as well. Now I havent test it out an 320kbps mp3 yet. Do you think its because I am spining with 192kbps vbr quality mp3s???? Or its my 3 channel numark mixer??? Please let me know about it
orange_j
i notice that too. i beleive it just depends on the quality of mp3 and how it was encoded. I find that i have to adjust the gain on a certain channel depending on what track im mixing in to. This will happen when using mp3s. you can also notice that the louder tracks will have a wider/fuller wave-form display, this is why i believe it has to do with encoding.
DjWoody
I never had that problem.
DannyO
I've never noticed any problems like that, I would say its your mixer, I have been on mixers spinning vinyl that have done that, but I suppose running low quality mp3s could do it as well, but I spin 320k tracks from Beatport without any sound problems.
T-Soma
I beleive its the mixer.
Iv used some crappy mixers and iv noticed a similar thing.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement