return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

WTB: Stanton T-120C In Toronto...
View this Thread in Original format
tintin11
Ok well I'm finally getting turntables... and I am determined to start off with the T-120C's... if anyone knows decent shops in toronto... or even help with choosing a decent set of decks... thanks!
Trance Nutter
Maybe look at the ST-150's instead. They should only be slightly more expensive

The differences are minor but the ST-150 is the top of the range Stanton, and in my opinion is built a fair bit better than the 120C. The 120C also has some gimmicky stuff I really don't like and just doesn't feel 'right' to me. Its solid and all and not a bad turntable at all, but I much prefer my ST-150's over the 120C's I've used.

You won't be buying a bad TT by any stretch of the imagination, its a pretty capable and solid piece of machinery, but maybe look at the ST-150 as well. Thats just more my personal preference than anything.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with the 120C. Its not a bad choice at all.

As for where to buy, not too sure sorry.
minski
Im not from toronto but I remember seeing this ad for a shop in Toronto
2theBeat

With an ad like that, the place has gotta be good for something DJ related!
blacknoizybox
T.120C is a perfect turntable. just go and buy a pair! i absolutely love mine and i would never trade my T.120C even for a golden Tech :)
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by Trance Nutter
Maybe look at the ST-150's instead. They should only be slightly more expensive

The differences are minor but the ST-150 is the top of the range Stanton, and in my opinion is built a fair bit better than the 120C. The 120C also has some gimmicky stuff I really don't like and just doesn't feel 'right' to me. Its solid and all and not a bad turntable at all, but I much prefer my ST-150's over the 120C's I've used.

You won't be buying a bad TT by any stretch of the imagination, its a pretty capable and solid piece of machinery, but maybe look at the ST-150 as well. Thats just more my personal preference than anything.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with the 120C. Its not a bad choice at all.

As for where to buy, not too sure sorry.

So what he's saying is, the 120C is good, but the 150 is better. In other words. He's not saying the 120C is bad, I mean, not even bad at all, but the 150 is only a bit more expensive and better. In a sense, the 120C is a fine machine. It's good. In fact, one might go so far to say that it's neat. But the 150 is a bit better. To sum it up, the 120C is a fantastic machine and we're not trying to belittle it at all, we're just trying to come up with as many ways of saying how good it is, but yet we prefer the 150 in a paragraph as possible. So, in conclusion, the 120C is not really bad at all, but the 150 is better.

:p Sorry, I had to go Redundancy Department on you nutter.
blacknoizybox
T.120C > Mike Tyson
nchs09
post in the toronto forums.. they might be a bit more help than here.
Trance Nutter
quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
:p Sorry, I had to go Redundancy Department on you nutter.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

yuh, convoluted thought process ftl
msz
consider ordering them online, shops here tend to be a little overpriced.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement