return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Is this a decent setup to start off with?
View this Thread in Original format
Nickerous
Link
I have no experience with DJing and I would use this to practice beatmatching and other basic techniques. I want to know if this is a wise purchase, and if not, any suggestions?
Spirit5
Uh this question is asked at least once a day....you will find plenty plenty plenty plenty of posts, even on the page right now..just scroll down and go here...

Looking to get into DJing
Trogdor
No.
Trance Android
*sigh* every single dance music forum on the interweb has this question... Heres a few things to consider for what it's worth: Do you want to have instant access to music any time of day or night or are you happy with waiting then making regular expensive trecks to the local record store to buy vinyl? In other words work out whether you want traditional turntables or CDJ's. Think about whether DJ'ing/mixing is a passing fad or something you really enjoy as if its something you'll get really into you'll eventually want to upgrade from that pack. I know someone who has spent literally thousands on gear coz rather than saving that little bit more for what he really wants he rushes & buys inferior product then regrets & has to sell his gear at a loss then save again.

Personally I'd spend money & invest in a decent set of decks. For now get a cheap mixer, headphones & amp. If you get really into it you can then upgrade over time as you see fit. If you decide mixing aint for you then you will always find a buyer for your decks if they're a good make/model. Just a bit of food for thought :)
Nickerous
Yeah you can delete it. The reason I asked is because I want to work with both vinyl and cds and the thread before this only mentioned cdj's.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement