return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Connecting M-Audio Ozonic to my mixer?
View this Thread in Original format
Pinokio
ok I just recived an M-Audio Yesterday

This Midi Controller has an integrated soundcard

The problem is that I want to record my mixes , and I'm connecting the master out from my mixer (Vestax PCV-275), to any of the inputs in the ozonic.

when I open the M-Audio FirwWire Audio control panel, it seems to be receiving a signal from my mixer, but I hear no sound on the speakers.

The output' I know it's fine beacuse if I play music from my computer (eg. Winamp) it will sound on the speakers.

1- First I would like to know what to do to be able to hear the sound on the speakers coming from my mixer.
2- What do I have to do to record the mixes, I alreayd have soundforge, but can't llisten anything, it also shows me it's reiciving a signal from my mixer.
3- Also can I connect the mixer with the RCA Cables to an Y-adapter on the input. I mean if it's possible to set one channel on the input (to be Left and Right. on the outputs I know I can't do this, because I have an Y-Adapter and if I connect to only one channel I will listen one speaker, and when I connect to the other channel I will listen to the other speaker or the subwoofer.

Thanks.
SPAWNmaster
quote:
Originally posted by Pinokio
ok I just recived an M-Audio Yesterday

This Midi Controller has an integrated soundcard

The problem is that I want to record my mixes , and I'm connecting the master out from my mixer (Vestax PCV-275), to any of the inputs in the ozonic.

when I open the M-Audio FirwWire Audio control panel, it seems to be receiving a signal from my mixer, but I hear no sound on the speakers.

The output' I know it's fine beacuse if I play music from my computer (eg. Winamp) it will sound on the speakers.

1- First I would like to know what to do to be able to hear the sound on the speakers coming from my mixer.
2- What do I have to do to record the mixes, I alreayd have soundforge, but can't llisten anything, it also shows me it's reiciving a signal from my mixer.
3- Also can I connect the mixer with the RCA Cables to an Y-adapter on the input. I mean if it's possible to set one channel on the input (to be Left and Right. on the outputs I know I can't do this, because I have an Y-Adapter and if I connect to only one channel I will listen one speaker, and when I connect to the other channel I will listen to the other speaker or the subwoofer.

Thanks.

1 & 2 = the same thing...i think...go ahead and record a small 5 second mix or whatever and play it back to see if you can actually record...i suggest using Audacity for recording since its great! :)

as far as getting sound out of your speakers go to the windows xp built in sound mixer and go into properties or advanced i dont remember...either way you need to make sure the line you have for recording is selected as "thru" or checked so that the signal will go through.

3. its too early for me to understand the question hehe...sorry man hope i helped!
Pinokio
quote:
Originally posted by SPAWNmaster
1 & 2 = the same thing...i think...go ahead and record a small 5 second mix or whatever and play it back to see if you can actually record...i suggest using Audacity for recording since its great! :)

as far as getting sound out of your speakers go to the windows xp built in sound mixer and go into properties or advanced i dont remember...either way you need to make sure the line you have for recording is selected as "thru" or checked so that the signal will go through.

3. its too early for me to understand the question hehe...sorry man hope i helped!

Thnaks mate, it seems to be giving me some sound now,, but still I think I need to change the cables, beacuse it's only giving me sound on one speaklers.

Thanks =)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement