return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
So I Just Watched Mulholland Dr.
View this Thread in Original format
guster
Badass cinematography... and maybe it's cause I had a 6 pack of Labatt Blue and some more but..

can someone tell me what the i just watchd?

Are Betty/Rita and Diane/Camilla the same persons? If so, what brings them to the wreck... what brings rita to betty's aunt's apartment.. and when the hell do they switch from betty/rita to diane/camilla.

and if they aren't all the same people.. then christ i'm lost.

:wtf:

at least it was a beautifully shot film!
guster
alright.. so i wikipedia'd the movie and things are beginning to tie in together.

so this can now become a general mulholland dr. thread.

damn.. what a brilliant film! :crazy:
Halcyon+On+On
I don't even want to get into this or else I may brain my damage.

Just watch it again. :wtf:

And again. :wtf: :wtf:

If by then, you still do not fully grasp it...

then you're probably still on the level of everyone else. :P

There are a lot of theories to the movie though. As with most of David Lynch's films, there is no actual, clear-cut answer or resolution to every element of the film, though there are many in the details if you analyze hard enough.

If you have bittorent or similar means, I'd recommend getting a copy of his 1997 movie Lost Highway, as they do not make it on DVD. Absolutely astounding filmmaking.
guster
*SPOILERS*

So.. the cowboy appeared once more to Adam..

But did you notice that he appeared two more times to Diane.

and I understand now that Diane/Camilla are the most true characters and that Betty/Rita are dreams of Diane.

*END SPOILERS*

any of you who haven't seen this film.. go rent it.. it's amazing.
Ivand
quote:
Originally posted by guster
it's amazing...

... after you understand it
jdat
A lot of his movies are really hard to understand and no one but David Lynch know the story.

I once saw an interview of Naomi Watts and she said that even herself didn't know what the links between the characters etc were as Lynch wouldn't tell anyone anything.

He's a bit mental .... go on his website and watch the daily weather report that makes more sense :p ( and yes he records himself every morning giving the weather for that day :haha: )
kush paintings
The man is a genius, but evaluating him solely on the basis of story telling, he really falls short for me. I think a truly great movie can be complex and have many layers, as Lynch always does, but at the same time not go over the head of nearly everyone that watches it.
_Ocean_Drive_
It's a post-modern masterpiece. The details of which are too long to go into! But yeah, stunning!
kadomony
the whole movie is a dream before whatshername dies
kiev_42
Lynch threw together a bunch of random crap which has no story whatsoever, but pretends he created a story that only he is genius enough to comprehend.

the movie itself was pretty cool though.

Subey
My take on this film is that its two different views of one thing, and then they are mixed together.

Sort of like taking what witness A said and witness B said and then combining the two. There will be overlaps and there will be conflicting pieces of information but at least now you can start seperating what each person said in order to find the truth
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by kiev_42
Lynch threw together a bunch of random crap which has no story whatsoever, but pretends he created a story that only he is genius enough to comprehend.

the movie itself was pretty cool though.

God threw together a bunch of random crap which has no relevance whatsoever, but pretends he created a universe that only he is genius enough to comprehend.

the world itself is pretty cool though.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement