return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
quick business thought
View this Thread in Original format
Vivid Boy
well i dont know about in the states but in canada i remmeber they had this dumb feature with cellphones that when u call someone, instead of a ringtone u would hear a rapper or someone famous like ludacris talking to you while you waited for the person you called to pick up.

if you can do that, wouldnt it be smart to open a cell phone company where they use that ringtone time as a way to advertise. like instead of a ringtone, u hear a quick commercial to buy colgate or some while you wait for the person to pick up. then instead of charging users for the service, advertising companies pay for that ringtone time thus making the service free for us.

it works well because more people would sign up to this service because they pay nothing compared to a monthly bill, thus making a bigger market for advertisers to advertise making more advertisers paying, thus making the cell phone companies more money and the service being free for us, its a win win situation for everyone.
]

am i on to something? or is this just rediculase!!!
Enigmatic XTC
Thats actually quite a good idea. I applaude you.
kid nyce
talk about taking guerilla marketing and in-your-face advertising to another level

not saying its a bad idea but when will we be able to live without having billboards, adversements, and marketing thrown in our faces. One rule to that exception is that i need to move out of NYC lol the mecca of advertising.

good idea but i think it'll get annoying sooner or later
Vivid Boy
quote:
Originally posted by kid nyce
talk about taking guerilla marketing and in-your-face advertising to another level

not saying its a bad idea but when will we be able to live without having billboards, adversements, and marketing thrown in our faces. One rule to that exception is that i need to move out of NYC lol the mecca of advertising.

good idea but i think it'll get annoying sooner or later

i agree totally but i mean its a free cell phnoe bill, if u cant beat advertising u might as well use it to your advantage.

also if ud like we can put sublimibal messages in that ring tone that will brainwash the world into holding a worldwide revolution
kid nyce
quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
i agree totally but i mean its a free cell phnoe bill, if u cant beat advertising u might as well use it to your advantage.

also if ud like we can put sublimibal messages in that ring tone that will brainwash the world into holding a worldwide revolution

ad revenue won't pay out even though it equates to millions of adversements over millions of ears that listen to them. part of that is like having a TV station with no programming just dedicated to ads, who's gonna watch it lol?

agree it's a good idea but my fear is that brand loyalty will begin to lie with those companies who don't offer that service, even if its free.
Vivid Boy
quote:
Originally posted by kid nyce
ad revenue won't pay out even though it equates to millions of adversements over millions of ears that listen to them. part of that is like having a TV station with no programming just dedicated to ads, who's gonna watch it lol?

agree it's a good idea but my fear is that brand loyalty will begin to lie with those companies who don't offer that service, even if its free.

maybe for business men and professionals it would totally be pointless. but for students i think, it ould work perfectly. and tahts the market u aim it at, young adults and students. and then u offer ur regular service to those professionals who dont want to hear abt lucy cheating brad on laguna beach tonight at 8
ZeJayMan
quote:
well i dont know about in the states but in canada i remmeber they had this dumb feature with cellphones that when u call someone, instead of a ringtone u would hear a rapper or someone famous like ludacris talking to you while you waited for the person you called to pick up.

if you can do that, wouldnt it be smart to open a cell phone company where they use that ringtone time as a way to advertise. like instead of a ringtone, u hear a quick commercial to buy colgate or some while you wait for the person to pick up. then instead of charging users for the service, advertising companies pay for that ringtone time thus making the service free for us.

it works well because more people would sign up to this service because they pay nothing compared to a monthly bill, thus making a bigger market for advertisers to advertise making more advertisers paying, thus making the cell phone companies more money and the service being free for us, its a win win situation for everyone.
]

am i on to something? or is this just rediculase!!!

SHOPLIFTED!
Vivid Boy
quote:
Originally posted by ZeJayMan
SHOPLIFTED!

from who?
kid nyce
the US is too uptight about advertising, hell we cant even email ads anymore CANSPAM laws are fairly strict. im not saying it won't work, i think its a rather swell idea.
jonSun
Great idea. U just need tons of capital to start it.

ZeJayMan
quote:
from who?

i'm sorry, i've already started a company 25 minutes ago called Vivid Advertising, and this idea is now mine.

Kthanksbye
Vivid Boy
quote:
Originally posted by ZeJayMan
i'm sorry, i've already started a company 25 minutes ago called Vivid Advertising, and this idea is now mine.

Kthanksbye

goddamn it

first tickle me elmo dolls now this
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement