return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Latency problem in FL6
View this Thread in Original format
System101
whenever i try and record stuff from my midi keyboard, there is always a long enough delay to piss me off!

I turn down the buffer length and there is still a considerable amount of delay from when i play the key on the midi keyboard and when FL6 picks it up...

what can i do to decrease this latency problem (if you're gonna be a smart ass and say don't use FL6 then don't waste your time)

will it help if i can get a firewire cable instead of the USB cable for the midi keyboard?

any other suggestions? :eyespop: :eyespop:
TaylorR
do you have ASIO? if not, then that might help. If your card doesn't have ASIO then google up asio4all and use that.
System101
quote:
Originally posted by TaylorR
do you have ASIO? if not, then that might help. If your card doesn't have ASIO then google up asio4all and use that.

thanks, i heard about ASIO but never really looked into it because i wasn't sure what it was. I guess its time to go learn something!
Craig Bradley
I get this sometimes..i wish FL STUDIO would hurry up and release FL Studio 7 with the dual core support i don't fancy using the beta testers hehe. But yeah asio is your best bet mate www.asio4all.com

Either that or buy a decent soundcard as they have there own asio drivers supplied with the soundcard itself.

Craig
System101
after i installed Battery 3 last night, i ran the program and the first thing that came up was the audio set up screen... this showed me that my sound card does have ASIO built into it and that my latency in ms at 44,100kHz is 49ms.. is this high/low?
TaylorR
49 is pretty darn good but the lower the better :) . but of course it might change once your project/track starts to grow since all the plugins and whatever else will eat your cpu and ram away.
System101
quote:
Originally posted by TaylorR
49 is pretty darn good but the lower the better :) . but of course it might change once your project/track starts to grow since all the plugins and whatever else will eat your cpu and ram away.

i played around with some settings in FL and was able to get it down to 16 without having any underruns... now its a lot better!! thanks everyone for the tips!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement