return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Converting Videos into Playable Files
View this Thread in Original format
Devbert
I saw the link for Tiesto @ Dutch Dimeson on Audiogalaxy, and it was a dream. I've been wanting the video for weeks.

The downloaded file was named:

tiesto.mpeg.zip

Yet it was shown as an audio file. I can't run winzip on it, nor will it play as a video file with the mpeg, zip, or both mpeg and zip removed.

How can I make this file playable in Windows Media Player 7?

Thanx for your help.
M.A.R.K
open winzip and drag it in from a different window. unzip it and then play it.
Devbert
I know someone made a thread about this earlier, sorry. Still, the posted answer didn't help me fix it. I tried changing it to .avi and it didn't help.
Devbert
It won't let me unzip it. It doesn't show up as a zip file. That is just part of the file name. It shows up as an audio file. I'm really confused with how to make it play.
QuickStep
OMG,

First you need to goto Tools -> Folder Options -> Then View -> Finally unselect Hide Extensions.

This allows you you edit the REAL extensions. Just delete the .mp3 and it will turn into a zip file. Then double click and walla! Tiesto live and direct.

PAyce
Devbert
Arg, I think I got a bad version of it or something. The pain! Must redownload 540 MB! Arg.
Devbert
Thanx though, that was the problem and the solution, besides it being just a bad file.
Tranex02
i would give it another shot...
1st.....take out the .mp3 and the .mpg, make sure that you have the 'REAL' extension in .zip
does it give you any kind of error....if so
Try using a different program like PowerZip light ...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement