return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Some questions about drinking alcohol
View this Thread in Original format
Theresa
Ok, this is something that I was kind of wondering the other night... Please answer the questions as accurately as possible.

1. Are you male or female?
2. How old are you?
3. How much do you weigh?
4. Would you consider yourself in good shape (aka more muscle than fat)?
5. How many drinks can you have and still feel comfortable driving? Please give a time frame in which the alcohol would be consumed.

I was at a party on Saturday night, and a guy who is about 180 lbs. VERY fit had about 3 beers and 3 shots of whiskey during a 3-4 hour duration, and then proceeded to drive afterward. It bothered me, and I said something, but I was given a lecture about how "it's cool", because they "know their limits" and that they "were fine to drive". I will admit, he seemed ok to drive, but I wasn't happy about it.

It would be interesting to find out how much alcohol people think they are ok to have and actually drive after.
KilldaDJ
1. Are you male or female? male
2. How old are you? 19
3. How much do you weigh? 40inch TV?
4. Would you consider yourself in good shape (aka more muscle than fat)? no way, i expect to die in the next 2 years.
5. How many drinks can you have and still feel comfortable driving? Please give a time frame in which the alcohol would be consumed. drink driving isnt good, but say like a pint or maybe 2 over a course of 3+ hours should be alright i guess, depends if u've been on a drug binge the same day :haha:
TweeK
1. Are you male or female? Male.
2. How old are you? 20
3. How much do you weigh? 150 - 160? I honestly dont know. :conf:
4. Would you consider yourself in good shape? I'd say im in good shape.
5. How many drinks can you have and still feel comfortable driving? I can drink about a 12 pack and still be able to drive fine. I mean i can pull it off even when im under the influence of drugs. Done it many times in the passed with out a problem. I just set my mind straight, me knowing im drunk gives me more of a reason to be extra precautions.
Mmanu
1. Are you male or female?
male
2. How old are you?
3. How much do you weigh?
185 pounds
I am fit
5. How many drinks can you have and still feel comfortable driving?
Please give a time frame in which the alcohol would be consumed.

I don't drink and drive. Or minimum 2 hours after a pint of beer. Anymore than a pint and I will not drive. I like extreme sports, but I don't take unnecessary risks. People who drink and drive should be sterilized. People who " handle " it and drive anyway, should be shot.
pkcRAISTLIN
2 drinks in the first hour, one drink every hour thereafter is what an average man should drink if he wants to stay under .05 not sure what the standard is for .08

easily capable of being pretty hammered and driving safely and responsibly, not that i ever do.
mellow_head
1) male
2) 23
3) 68kg
4) no, it surprises me that I'm still alive
5) I don't drive yet, but I can drink up to 12 beers/evening (yeah I'll be drunk then)
Fledz
2. How old are you? 19
3. How much do you weigh? 95kg
4. Would you consider yourself in good shape (aka more muscle than fat)? good shape (though I need to lose 5kgs, damn off-season from basketball :()
5. How many drinks can you have and still feel comfortable driving? Please give a time frame in which the alcohol would be consumed. A pretty decent amount as I'm big and can handle it but generally I try not to drink at all if I'm driving. I hate people that drink and drive. My experience as a bar tender also tells me that a beer every hour will keep an average person under the limit, but a standard drink and a standard person don't exist. It's impossible to judge and is best not left to chance. Don't drink and you'll be fine. If you do drink, catch a taxi or bus :)
trewqy
I have been totally wasted once and still managed to pull through driving home even though its almost 6 am and there are no cars around.

The trick is to eat as much as u can after ur drunk or after u've vomitted and lots of limejuice.
colonelcrisp
male
220 lbs
im in ok shape
i know for a fact i blow about a .05 after a six pack over 4-5 hours. usually if im going to be drinking i just plan on staying somewhere. its not so much the volume of booze you drink as it is the time in which you drink it and how fast your body metabolizes the alcohol. for teh average healthy man its about one drink an hour. so if you pound back 3 pints in 20 mins. your liver takes about 3 hours to metabolize it. some people its a bit longer, some a bit less.

but in general i find most people should know their limits.i have had a few friends get nabbed for DUI so im paranoid about it and i wont get behind the wheel unless im sure i blow well under the legal limit. (i even have one of those sharper image portable breathalizers)
prothoid
2. How old are you? 18
3. How much do you weigh? 210-ish i think
4. Would you consider yourself in good shape (aka more muscle than fat)? no, i wouldnt say so
5. How many drinks can you have and still feel comfortable driving? Please give a time frame in which the alcohol would be consumed.
maybe a few shots would be the limit for me (3?)

Ivand
1. Are you male or female? Male
2. How old are you? 19
3. How much do you weigh? 182lbs
I think Im fit, i dont have a lot of body fat
i've drived with lots and lots of vodka over a 3 hours period, but I knew I was drunk i just was the soberest. But I think 5 or 6 beers over 2 hours is fine, over that is drunk
THE_Chris
If you drink alcohol at all, you dont drive.

Simple as that.

To hell with this "Ive only had xxxxxxx I can still drive ok". I have no patience with people who drink and drive. Just dont do it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement