return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Cubase midi recording problem (desperate for help)
View this Thread in Original format
villus
Hello, i'm sure you guys might know a solution to this. Its probably a noobish question but i have got a bad problem with cubase SL2 and VSTs. At the moment i'm trying to record a midi part from my midi controller; i can get sound out of my VST when not recording, but as soon as i hit record and play something i get no sound whatsoever and nothing is being written to the track.
I'm recording on track 2 in cubase and i have set my bank to 2 on my controller.

My set up on cubase is my 'out' set to my midi controller and my 'input' set as reaktor.
Also my midi connection is my 'out' on my keyboard to my midi 'in' on my soundcard.

midi connection
keyboard(out)------------------->soundcard(in)

cubase connection
reaktor 4(in)-------------------->keyboard(out) @ bank 1

I'm sure its probably a connection problem but i've been trying for ages to sort this out. I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance.

p.s keep up the good work :D
mysticalninja
reaktor is a vst? you want midi keyboard in, reaktor out. you've got it backwards.
hypotenuse
reaktor is awesome :) and yes u got it backwards... reaktor should be the out and the keyboard will be the in. just for u to know, midi keyboard will always be an input device (it cant be output because it doesnt have any sounds in it!)
villus
Hi there. thanks for the reply, it works now :D

cheers
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement