return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Turducken!!?
View this Thread in Original format
Akridrot
Crazy. I'd never imagine it in a million years. :wtf: I must try this in my lifetime.

Bolded for quick & easy COR reading.

quote:

Turducken is a de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The name is a portmanteau of those ingredients, turkey, duck, and chicken. The cavity of the chicken and the rest of the gaps are filled with, at the very least, a highly seasoned breadcrumb mixture or sausage meat, although some versions have a different stuffing for each bird. Some recipes call for the turkey to be stuffed with a chicken which is then stuffed with a duckling. It is also called a chucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

LOL @ TURDucken.

Has anyone ever heard of, or eaten this?
enferno
it's really quite good, actually
Marc Summers
quote:
Originally posted by enferno
it's really quite good, actually

+1

apricot you n00b. you need to experience more. I think everyone has had turducken
Akridrot
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Summers
+1

apricot you n00b. you need to experience more. I think everyone has had turducken

. What else have I been missing?

Now it feels like my Thanksgiving wasn't as good as it could've been. This would have made a splendid meal.

I feel so... inexperienced.
jonSun
so it finally gets stuffed with a cock... nice :)
Akridrot
Happy Dec. 1st, everyone.
astroboy
quote:
some enthusiasts have taken it a step further, and come up with the turduckencorpheail. This is a standard turducken, which is then stuffed with a cornish game hen, which is then stuffed with a pheasant, and finally stuffed with a quail.
:wtf:

quote:
English chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall expanded this into a ten-bird roast (a turgoduckmaguikenantidgeonck - turkey, goose, duck, mallard, guineafowl, chicken, pheasant, partridge, pigeon, woodcock)
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

quote:
The largest recorded nested bird roast is 17 birds, attributed to a royal feast in France in the 19th Century: a bustergophechideckneaealckidgeverwingailusharkolanine - bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an ortolan and a passerine.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement