return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Headphones under €50 (Sennheiser?)
View this Thread in Original format
DJ_Progrezz
Hey, I'm looking for a sexy headphone that I will use with my mp3, but that's also good for DJ use.

Soundquality and looks are most important.

I had my eye on the Sennheiser EH 250 and the HD 477.

Are these recommended? Anyone some other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Dojomaster26
If you can stretch $30 more into your budget you can get a pair of Sony MDRV700 (!) headphones on Amazon for $86.77 w/free shipping. That's down from the $119.99 price tag that I've seen elsewhere...
skip
quote:
Originally posted by Dojomaster26
If you can stretch $30 more into your budget you can get a pair of Sony MDRV700 (!) headphones on Amazon for $86.77 w/free shipping. That's down from the $119.99 price tag that I've seen elsewhere...

he's from belgium. and you shouldn't buy those as they crack and the sound isn't very good on them either.

anyway i wouldn't buy headphones for djing for under 50€. i'd get the sony mdr-7506, like i did. they did cost me 139€ + shipping though. ing expensive in europe. :(
jdat
if you're on a budget get the

Sennheiser HD201

They cost around 25 Euros

also when you say sound quality and looks are most important well that's a contradiction.
In many cases you can have one or the either but you can't have both.

Then you have to take into account the reliability of the headphones and if they will break on you shortly after you buy them.

The sennheiser headphones I recommend are isolated, real good quality , have somewhat excessive bass, good with mp3 player ( don't need much power to drive them ). They probably don't look like what you would consider "cool" but they are great budget headphones.
DJ_Progrezz
no offence but imho that headphone is ugly as hell
i got big pants
beggers can't be choosers
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Progrezz
no offence but imho that headphone is ugly as hell

and I guess you can't read.

I know it's ugly but it is rated insanely high and some believe it is severily underpriced considering it's performance.

Most of the real good headphones don't look "cool". That's a fact that applies in pretty much all cases, regardless of what budget you are on.

Go on and be an idiot in your search for cool headphones at a cheap price and I can guarantee you one thing, they most probably won't be good by any measure.

you freaking tool
DJ_Progrezz
it's just that i will mostly be in the open with it, so i consider it being like clothing

i also don't wear ugly clothes

i'm sure there are goodlooking headphones that sound great too.
i really like the looks of the hd202, 477, eh250 etc but i've only heard the 202 and the sound isnt really astonishing
i also read some comments on products and the hd 477 got much better comments than the 202

i just wanted to know if there were some other headphones that look as great as those, cause a friend of mine had the 202, looks great and all but its pretty stupid walking next to eachother with the same looking headphone

if there's no other choice i guess i'll go for a sennheiser, but then i still would like to know if anyone had got some experience with one of the two models, in the aspect of being a music fanatic and being a dj.
jdat
The hd202 sound like crap.

and it's got nothing to do with wearing nice clothes .... I wear real ugly headphones in public and I don't care .... if you want to keep up appareances get some nice clothes but I think wearing big headphones in itself tends to be ugly no matter what way you cut it.

ps: I don't wear ugly clothes :p
Fearless One
i use hd 205.. really great cans.. closed, with one ear rotary and quality sound...

but a few days ago my cat bite my cables and now they don't work anymore... little mother****** :whip: :whip:

Dojomaster26
quote:
he's from belgium. and you shouldn't buy those as they crack and the sound isn't very good on them either.

Have I made a horrible buying mistake, then? From all of the reviews I have read, the pair will crack if they are abused, but most pairs have not gotten to that stage for at least 2+ years. Why is the sound quality bad? I've heard nothing but good things about the quality on these phones, with some people going so far as to saying that you would need $200+ to get headphones with similar quality. I'm just curious on this because I have a pair coming in the mail and they were at a good discount ($40 off!)...
skip
quote:
Originally posted by Dojomaster26
Have I made a horrible buying mistake, then? From all of the reviews I have read, the pair will crack if they are abused, but most pairs have not gotten to that stage for at least 2+ years. Why is the sound quality bad? I've heard nothing but good things about the quality on these phones, with some people going so far as to saying that you would need $200+ to get headphones with similar quality. I'm just curious on this because I have a pair coming in the mail and they were at a good discount ($40 off!)...

well, i haven't used them personally, but many people have said that they crack easily (here and elsewhere). also i've never seen anyone that knows about their stuff compliment the sound. too bassy i've heard.
then there's the comparison to 7506/v6 which are roughly in the same price range and i've never heard of them cracking or anything like that and the sound on them is supposed to be much better than on the v700. i have the 7506 and i have to say i love the sound, but i can't directly compare as i haven't tried the v700.
anyway i wouldn't buy cans that are known to crack anymore. i did that mistake with the sennheiser hd280pro and they cracked just after two years. great phones except for the cracking. :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement