return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Beginner DJ gift?
View this Thread in Original format
bluelimitd
Hi everyone,
My brother has taken well to DJ'ing since I began about a year ago. For Christmas I'd like to get him something to play around with while he is at medical school. I was thinking the Torq MixLab would go well for him seeing as I do not have enough money to buy him two decks and a mixer. Are there any other packages that you all recommend, or any other DJ gift ideas to get him started?

Here is a link to mixlab...

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_...ixLab-main.html

Thanks for your input!

-Tyler
djdk
see my thread here... http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...64&forumid=8&s= :)
Trogdor
That MixLab package looks great for beginners. It will be great to learn on, but he will probably want to invest in some decks at a later date. I just wonder if there is an upgrade path to the Torq/Connectiv system?
DJ Z
Tyler,

****CDJ****

You can get a lot of bang for the buck with the Gemini CFX-50 dual CD decks. About $300 gives you looping, cueing, effects...just add a mixer and he's ready to go...let me re-emphasize this is TWO CD DECKS IN ONE SYSTEM...and for $300 that's pretty good.

What it's missing:
- Since it's all in one system, you don't 'see' the traditional mixer 2 decks layout.
- Sampler
- MP3 capability

***SAMPLER***
Checkout the PVDJ grabber...stand alone sampler, with a couple effects...hooks up easy between your decks and mixer

Hope that helps!
Patrick

P.S. I have personally used all the items above.
DJ Z
oh forgot.....another PLUS for the CFX-50: Compact & easily portable!!!!
djkoolaide
Gemini... :whip: Sorry, don't buy him any Gemini products.
ThaMaestro
quote:
Originally posted by djkoolaide
Gemini... :whip: Sorry, don't buy him any Gemini products.

well, i have a good idea on a Christams gift. i have a Gemini DSP-1 FX-mixer for sale, which i bought new. used it a couple of times. newprice was some 150 euro's, but i can sell it to you for 100 euro's. would be a nice Christmas gift for your brother .. ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement