return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

i need some advice
View this Thread in Original format
dj_alfi
i got this offer to buy too sl 1210 mkII“s for 8000 NOK ($894, 1012 euros).. the only thing i gotta do is to buy a new pickup or cartridge or whatever its called for one of them... what i am wondering is what is standard price for this and is this a good offer?

alfi @ [:energetic trax]
Scottaculous
If you're just getting 2 used technics 1210s for 894 USD, then I would definitely say no. You can buy two brand new 1210s for 800 USD easily.

For cartridges, the better cartridges like Ortofon ranges from 100-150 USD. I use 123dj.com for price comparisions. They seem to have the lowest prices. Just don't buy from them.
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by Scottaculous
You can buy two brand new 1210s for 800 USD easily.

where???
Scottaculous
Here is an example:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...l/base_id/59411

Musiciansfriend.com, however, does not deliever internationally. So what I recommend is, find a local store around your neighborhood and ask for a price match. Most places do it. If not I'm sure many websites that do deliever internationally will price match.

I would suggest looking at any local stores first though. The shipping cost for shipping a 30lb package might be higher than 890 usd.
DJ A.i
quote:
Originally posted by dj_alfi
i got this offer to buy too sl 1210 mkII“s for 8000 NOK ($894, 1012 euros).. the only thing i gotta do is to buy a new pickup or cartridge or whatever its called for one of them... what i am wondering is what is standard price for this and is this a good offer?

alfi @ [:energetic trax]

techs are nice... but paying $894 for a used pair is bull!!! u can easly find new techs for around that price or even lower!
zapper
In Norway the street price of one mew, single 1210 is about 7000NKR. I bought them for 5500 each and I have never seen it cheaper... I know a lot of you will laugh but that's how it is. Here are the standard prices on some typical items (taken from the biggest norwegian netshop for DJ gear, HS Records) converted to us dollars.

1210 MK3: 886$
Pioneer DJM-600: 1420$
Technics RPDJ1210 Headphones: 204$
Typical record: 11$

You get the idea...

So it's actually a good offer. It's not that easy to import a 1210 to Norway, as you have to pay 24%+ in customs and a lot on shipping. I would definetely accept the offer.
zapper
quote:
one mew, single 1210

one NEW, that is...
Scottaculous
Wow i didn't know the prices are higher in Norway.

Well... at least you got hot norwegian girls :)
zapper
Yes, it kinda sucks. I also have to import almost every vinyl because the only two norwegian shops that are worthy of mention get like one new track a week. But as mentioned, we DO have some gorgeous girls here, at least compared to the UK (no offense, but seriously... :) )
dj_alfi
yeah its something bout the theets or something...

norwegian prices ARE insane...

oDrori
I dunno, over here,

ONE new Vestax PDX-2000 cost 4500 NIS=850 USD
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement