return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
A fun little competition for teh CORe.
View this Thread in Original format
Aristronica
ok, i'm an english and comminucations major and i decided to have a fun little competition.

here are the rules - in 100 words or less please describe your favorite EDM Holidays memory, this can be going to a club, chilling with your friends/family, drugs, etc. - but X-mas/New Year's and electronic music must be involved.

essays will be judged on the following categories - grammar/spelling, humour, creativity, relativity (to the topic), and general interest.

if you have to bull, please don't - but obviously I won't go researching so I guess in the end you can. if you want to include a pic - even better. I will select the top 10 submissions (you have to post them in this thread). Then the CORe will vote for the top 3 and then again for the finalist once the three are picked.

The first round will be until X-mas day.
The second round will go until New Years.
And the last round will be for a week after that.

Submissions so far -

1. Lira
2. D-res
3. jdat

And if this is just plain stupid I apologize. Ready? Set. GO!
idoru
Ooh, I like. Dunno if I'd participate or not, but it's definitely a nice idea.
pvdAngel
Sounds like a good idea, but I just finished doing 3 2200 word reports for my semester and now I just want to enjoy the holidays.

Basically, I can't be arsed with writing/typing like that again.
Aristronica
come on guys it's 100 words or less, most people do that posting something stupid anyway. at least put your words to good use :p
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by pvdAngel
Sounds like a good idea, but I just finished doing 3 2200 word reports for my semester and now I just want to enjoy the holidays.

Basically, I can't be arsed with writing/typing like that again.

this was like 20 right there, you're 1/5 of the way "home"
RJT
Nice idea Denys, I'll make my entry later today :)
kid nyce
what do we win?
iammesol
100 words is like a paragraph :haha:
pvdAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
this was like 20 right there, you're 1/5 of the way "home"

^ I won't kid myself. I'll have a think about it. :p
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by iammesol
100 words is like a paragraph :haha:

exactly, so you have to be creative and not run your mouth off, straight and to the point, it's about 5 sentences.

plus i don't think we have the attention span to go reading through a load no matter how interesting the story is. it'll be easier to get everyone involved to judge this.

Lira
There's a little something I want to check:

quote:
The first round will be until X-mas day.
The second round will go until New Years.
And the last round will be for a week after that.

I can write about holidays other than Christmas in the first round, right? I'm assuming that's just the deadline, and that it just happens to be an inspiration for this thread :p
Aristronica
quote:
Originally posted by kid nyce
what do we win?

nothing, you either want to do this or not.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement