return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
wedding gift statute of limitations
View this Thread in Original format
CleverName
I went to a wedding in wales this past july and forgot to pack my wedding gift before I left the states. The groom is a huge star wars geek so I got him a cabernet from the Francis Ford Coppola vinyards, made from grapes grown on Skywalker Ranch. They only brewed a couple hundred bottles and it isn't online anymore, else I would include a link.

Anyway, I forgot it at home and now its like..six months later and I still haven't shipped it over. Is it too late or is it tacky to send it now? Plus I've been eyeing the bottle for the last six months and its looking reeeally tasty :p

I know there was an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm about this and they said it was about a year. I dunno if Larry David is a good source of social advice though. Then again, neither is the COR so who knows.

Thoughts? Comments? Prophecy?
Lebezniatnikov
meh, this way they can feel like they get gifts all year round. call it a half-anniversary present.
Zeiter
quote:
Originally posted by CleverName
I went to a wedding in wales this past july and forgot to pack my wedding gift before I left the states. The groom is a huge star wars geek so I got him a cabernet from the Francis Ford Coppola vinyards, made from grapes grown on Skywalker Ranch. They only brewed a couple hundred bottles and it isn't online anymore, else I would include a link.

Anyway, I forgot it at home and now its like..six months later and I still haven't shipped it over. Is it too late or is it tacky to send it now? Plus I've been eyeing the bottle for the last six months and its looking reeeally tasty :p

I know there was an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm about this and they said it was about a year. I dunno if Larry David is a good source of social advice though. Then again, neither is the COR so who knows.

Thoughts? Comments? Prophecy?

will they think you are an for not sending any wedding present?? YES
Omega_M
if he's still on talking terms with you and stuff, then I say open the bottle and drink the juice. :toothless

Plus, six months is a long time. Who knows they might even have filed for a divorce. You send them a "wedding gift" now and they will both be like :wtf: :wtf:
jonSun
quote:
Originally posted by Zeiter
will they think you are an for not sending any wedding present?? YES

+1
Theresa
You should still send it.
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa
You should still send it.
jpisani
SEND THE BOTTLE!
Sunsnail
Yeah, send it. He'll probably chuckle and will appreciate it.
CleverName
uh oh, I hope this thread doesn't unleash a torrent of "SEND TEH BOTTLE" responses :tongue2

As far as speaking terms goes, he's an online friend that I'd never met in person before my trip this summer. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him online in a while. Maybe I got blocked :eek:

I think I got the address around here somewhere, no idea though..

Sunsnail
quote:
Originally posted by CleverName
uh oh, I hope this thread doesn't unleash a torrent of "SEND TEH BOTTLE" responses :tongue2

As far as speaking terms goes, he's an online friend that I'd never met in person before my trip this summer. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him online in a while. Maybe I got blocked :eek:

I think I got the address around here somewhere, no idea though..

drink it.
Orbax
a good gift is a good gift, forever.

Also, I fully support the you drinking it idea.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement