return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
There is rich and there is stupid rich
View this Thread in Original format
Orbax
Tiger Woods is the highestpaid athlete in the world, earning $90 million from June 2005 to June 2006.

*jaw drops to floor*

I just dont even know what to say. I remember when I found out that Anna Kornikova (sp?) made 600,000 a year playing tennis and 14 million a year on advertisements. This is so freakin far beyond that. Who knows if they are just doing athlete pay and not counting video game franchises and what not.

If you can't tell, im jealous and want a raise at work.
getfoul
Did i say you could leave the basement? Now go back the where you belong.

:whip: :whip:
idoru
... Wow.
EXTREMUM
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
Tiger Woods is the highestpaid athlete in the world, earning $90 million from June 2005 to June 2006.

...and has a hot, Swedish wife.
getfoul
/looks forward to leaving for college in mormonville here in 10 days. That's a whole lot of corruptable mormon chicks.
Slylee
Stupid rich to me is like royalty rich. Cruising the French Riviera in 100 million dollar yachts.:wtf:

But yea...Tiger's up there among the non-royalty stupid rich.
kush paintings
Woods made "only" $9 million from his winnings this year. Just saw it on ESPN.
Ygrene
This blew my mind when I read it:

quote:
The most jaw-dropping bonuses are being doled out by Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the world's largest investment bank. The company reported a staggering profit last week of $9.4 billion and said it was dedicating $16.5 billion for salaries, bonuses and benefits at the end of the year.

I know it's not going to one single person but, when I think about it in terms that the company I work for was responsible for around $20 billion in total revenue and we are the largest manufacturer on the planet (of appliances)....kinda puts things in perspective.
tubby
there was headlines here about some merchant banker getting an AUS$20 million bonus this year, right next to the story on someone on welfare who had payments cancelled over christmas due to a computer error.
Then it compared that huge bonus to someone in the UK who make 50 million pounds as a bonus this year.
I'd love to know what they actually did that others couldn't worth 50 million pounds.
Orbax
quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
This blew my mind when I read it:

I know it's not going to one single person but, when I think about it in terms that the company I work for was responsible for around $20 billion in total revenue and we are the largest manufacturer on the planet (of appliances)....kinda puts things in perspective.

Average employee earnings are US$622,000 a year, including ancillary staff.

Not bad...not bad.

medinaM5
yeah rich people
Orbax
quote:
Originally posted by medinaM5
yeah rich people

psh whatever richer, you friggin cash-chucker
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement