return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Flyers
View this Thread in Original format
Dojomaster26
I have a new gig at a brand new night club in Hickory. I came in to check out the place last week, and after showing the owner my resume and letting her hear my demo, she game me the Friday and Saturday spot (and this was on Thursday that I came in)!

That first weekend has come and gone, with only a handful of people showing up for the two nights. The owner, however, is optimistic about future nights, and wants me to help get the word out about the club and my night. She asked me to give her some ideas for a flyer, and I sent her the attached file (I love a play on words).

Any suggestions for the flyer? I'm not very good at image editing, but I can do some basic stuff. What flyers have you made that worked? What didn't? The flyer that we're putting out needs to entice the NC house heads to come out for this night, even though our scene is mostly Breaks (what can I do to get exposure from the house heads?)
Dojomaster26
It seems that the file attachment didn't go through, so here is the a link to the flyer:

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]
veezee
people hand out resumes? :)

Jay
Stu Cox
I'm a strong believer that it's very important to have a professional looking flyer if you want your night to look professional and that tends to mean getting them designed professionally.

If I see an amateur-looking flyer then it instantly puts me off as it implies the rest of the production of the night (and possibly the DJs too) are also likely to be amateur... this isn't just an unfounded generalisation - more often than not it's true.

A lot of flyer printing companies offer design services too, usually for simple but professional designs and quite often at very reasonable rates bought along with a run of prints. If the club wants to be taken seriously then it's really up to them to invest the money... flyer design is actually a drop in the ocean compared with the running costs of a club, so any club not willing to invest in getting it done properly probably isn't worth wasting your time with.

So suggest it :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement