return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida

Pages: [1] 2 
Edgar V, George Acosta & Gerry Cueto @ Spirits 1-13-07 reivew + pics + videos
View this Thread in Original format
DarkAngel
DISCLAIMER: This is a review thread from a party night that I and several other FLTAs attended. If any offtopic, insulting or attacking posts or any garbage of that nature are posted within this thread, I WILL immediately ask to have it deleted. I will not withstand bull and immaturity of that sort in my threads. Period.

Where do I start.

Week number four of A State of Mind. Defintely and rapidly becoming the hottest venue in Fort Lauderdale/Broward county, and for many reasons.

Hot girls
Great music
Great vibe

And of course, killer DJs tearing up the decks all night long.

As usual, Kato K opened the set with his brand of commercial house. We withstood that until a little past 12, when Edgar V came on with his trademark NASTY house. Of course that got everyone moving...he then ended the last quarter of his set with some trance, leading in Mr. George Acosta.

Once again, the man brought on another killer set. Flawless mixing by George, Edgar...and tracks played included:

Yakooza - Cocaine (Scot Project remix)
Randy Katana - Plastic Fantastic
Dogzilla - Without you (John O'Callaghan remix)
Markus Schulz - Without you near (Alex MORPH remix)
George Acosta featuring Truth - The Other Side (Signalrunners remix) :D

And my new track of the night....

Dave 202 - Torrent :eyes:

UNREAL song. I took video of this. For people who weren't there tonight, you guys HAVE to listen to this one.

Edgar came on as well with his trance and some of his killer tracks included:

Emjay - Stimulate (Dogzilla remix)
Lost Tribe - Gamemaster (? mix)
Naline & Kane - Open Your Eyes (Bush2Bush remix)

And onto Gerry. Another great job done. Tracks included:

Gerry Cueto - Venus
Sean Tyas - Lift (Rework I think?)
M.I.K.E. - Universal Nation (? mix)
George Acosta - Apocalypse (Gerry Cueto remix)

I left at 5, and the party was STILL going.

4 weeks out of 4. Nothing but success, time and time again. Great seeing Eric, Ivan, Nelson, Carlos, Rodrigo, av1, and of course Edgar, Gerry, George and Angel. Great meeting Frank, George's manager.

The next couple of upcoming events at Spirits will be killer....

The continuing sage of A State of Mind....

And a MAJOR exclusive....for the 1/26 edition, we have Edgar V, Eddie G and special guest....

Mike Shiver.

Until next week, folks.

Pics and videos to be uploaded later today, but for now I'm wiped out.

DA
nfekted
Guys,

THIS IS A SICK PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edgar is a ing beast! Massive housy set!!! Edgar, you are an incredible dj, wether it be trance or house you rip us a new . To me, this was the nastiest house set I've ever heard from you. Also, I heard you sometimes make it to Cali, I'm there.

My god for those missing George Acosta's sets, why are you doing that???? Why huh?? Answer me. Yeah you can't:) :cool: Anyways, George's set got off with a bang! He threw down Lethal Industry(Rich Durand). And proceeded to also rip us another . I'm talking about, kick you in the ass trance!!! Incredible.
bdr222
:)
tranceman 23
quote:
Originally posted by nfekted
Guys,

THIS IS A SICK PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edgar is a ing beast! Massive housy set!!! Edgar, you are an incredible dj, wether it be trance or house you rip us a new . To me, this was the nastiest house set I've ever heard from you. Also, I heard you sometimes make it to Cali, I'm there.

My god for those missing George Acosta's sets, why are you doing that???? Why huh?? Answer me. Yeah you can't:) :cool: Anyways, George's set got off with a bang! He threw down Lethal Industry(Rich Durand). And proceeded to also rip us another . I'm talking about, kick you in the ass trance!!! Incredible.
Dam dude! missed it again. Miss you guys! maybe next week!!!!
nfekted
quote:
Originally posted by tranceman 23

Damn man where've you been :) We need to party before I leave man! I wont' be at Spirits next week though. I'll be at Area 51:cool:
Patron4
YES GREAT PARTY LST NIGHT..I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A SHADOW LOUNGE REUNION NEXT WEEK. HOW EVER MIKE SHIVER WILL BE PLAYING AT SPIRITS THE 26TH OF JANUARY. HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!!!
nfekted
quote:
Originally posted by Patron4
YES GREAT PARTY LST NIGHT..I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A SHADOW LOUNGE REUNION NEXT WEEK. HOW EVER MIKE SHIVER WILL BE PLAYING AT SPIRITS THE 26TH OF JANUARY. HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!!!

errrrrr what the ????? Explanation or elaboration please?
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by tranceman 23

Leon you need to come down at least once for this! Whether it be next week's show or the big show with Mike Shiver on the 26th, you're in for a great time. :)

Time for pics!

Groove Eric drinking!!! H4X!!!

More to come.
DarkAngel
Pics continued.

Gerry Cueto & DJ Relik

Myself & DJ Relik

Eddie G & Gerry

Me, Eddie G & friend

av1, Carlos, Rodrigo & Fabian

End of pics. Videos to come later.
av1
My second time making the trip up to Spirits for this party and I must say they have quite a party going on up there. For everyone who complains that there are no trance weeklys or residencies in South Fla, there is now so try and get off your asses and support.

I got there as Edgar was warming up, and let me just say the opening set he played today was one of the best house openers I ever heard him play (which is saying alot). He played very hard and techy, and I feel that when opening for Acosta he drops it harder because he knows Acosta doesn't mind and will go even harder regardless. Notable tracks I recall included the Dark Beat remix PVD played in November, the awesome sick track Tiesto has been playing "At Night" may be the title (goes something like "8 times out of 10 we listen to our music at night"), and a remix of G&D's "till there was you" which was not bad at all. He also played a bunch of great techier house tracks I hadn't heard b4.

As 4 Acosta, he played like it was the end of the world. He was on fire. No fluff or cheese. How hard did he go?? Well the maniac started with Lethal Industry (Durand remix maybe???), and the set just got harder and harder from there. Other notable tracks I recall included GA's own The Reeper, Airwave (rmx), Cocaine (rmx), and Without You (rmx). More importantly he played a bunch of hard trance and tech-trance tracks I hadn't heard b4 and that no one else plays down here. I must say he has impressed the hell out of me on this and the opening night @ Spirits.

Then just when I thought the night was winding down and I was getting ready to leave: Edgar, Acosta and Gerry Cueto proceeded to spin B2B2B. In the hour or so I heard of this they leveled that place. They really played great together and mixed their different styles together perfectly.

Overall a great night.

DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by av1
My second time making the trip up to Spirits for this party and I must say they have quite a party going on up there. For everyone who complains that there are no trance weeklys or residencies in South Fla, there is now so try and get off your asses and support.

I got there as Edgar was warming up, and let me just say the opening set he played today was one of the best house openers I ever heard him play (which is saying alot). He played very hard and techy, and I feel that when opening for Acosta he drops it harder because he knows Acosta doesn't mind and will go even harder regardless. Notable tracks I recall included the Dark Beat remix PVD played in November, the awesome sick track Tiesto has been playing "At Night" may be the title (goes something like "8 times out of 10 we listen to our music at night"), and a remix of G&D's "till there was you" which was not bad at all. He also played a bunch of great techier house tracks I hadn't heard b4.

As 4 Acosta, he played like it was the end of the world. He was on fire. No fluff or cheese. How hard did he go?? Well the maniac started with Lethal Industry (Durand remix maybe???), and the set just got harder and harder from there. Other notable tracks I recall included GA's own The Reeper, Airwave (rmx), Cocaine (rmx), and Without You (rmx). More importantly he played a bunch of hard trance and tech-trance tracks I hadn't heard b4 and that no one else plays down here. I must say he has impressed the hell out of me on this and the opening night @ Spirits.

Then just when I thought the night was winding down and I was getting ready to leave: Edgar, Acosta and Gerry Cueto proceeded to spin B2B2B. In the hour or so I heard of this they leveled that place. They really played great together and mixed their different styles together perfectly.

Overall a great night.

LOL @ maniac. Great review, dude. You covered the songs I missed. And props for you making the journey out there.

Anyway, here we go with videos. There's quite a lot of them this time around.

Kato K played Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams. :D

Click here to watch

Video of Edgar V's brand of house.

CLICK

CLICK me 2

CLICK me 3

This is video of Dave 202 - Torrent! Really dig this song!
CLICK here!

More video...CLICK

Behind the wheel? CLICK

More video CLICK

Dogzilla - Without You (John O'Callaghan remix) CLICK

Click for George Acosta ft. Truth - The Other Side (Signalrunners remix) :D :D :D

Flight 643 (? mix) CLICK

This is Martin Roth track, I think. I LOVE this song but I can never remember the name of it. Blank & Jones have played it before. Any help?
Video 1 of 2. CLICK

Video 2 of 2. CLICK

End videos.

Phew. What a mission.
av1
quote:
Originally posted by Patron4

Will it be re-scheduled for another day? If so when?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement