return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Inching closer to Doom's Day !
View this Thread in Original format
Omega_M
I'm surprised no one made a thread on this. The doom's day clock has been advanced to 11:55. The clock is a symbolic representation of where the world stands with regards to a dooms day scenario. 12:00 representing the doom's day. The threat of a nuclear war plus climatic changes associated with global warming prompted the scientists to advance the clock from 11:53 to 11:55.

Link

Wiki
Frenchie
No one posted because I don't think anyone cares. It's all rubish! RUBISH
Omega_M
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchie
No one posted because I don't think anyonce in the COR cares.
DarkAngel
/waits patiently
chucho
omg now i'm scared :nervous:

you Omega... YOU!
Theresa
WTF?!? A bunch of quacked out scientists are moving the hands of a clock around like a bunch of g00bs claiming doomsday is near.

Get a life.
Arbiter
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa
WTF?!? A bunch of quacked out scientists are moving the hands of a clock around like a bunch of g00bs claiming doomsday is near.

Get a life.

I think they'd have gotten a better response here if they were shouting it on a street corner. :haha:
idoru
Looking at it's Wiki, it looks like it's been closer before. I don't see anything happening at all. In my opinion, nuclear holocaust is something that is just threatened. People may fear it, may be afraid of it and things may indeed get very close to it in the future. However, in the end I think people value their own lives and aren't nuts enough to destroy an entire planet. I don't ever see it happening.
jdat
quote:

Get a life.

lol wow! :stongue:

and the doomsday clock is so old no one cares about it anymore!

omg Defcon is at Elevated level right now! :nervous: :nervous:

Recommended Activities

All Americans should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious items or activities to local authorities immediately.
Everybody should establish an emergency preparedness kit as well as a communications plan for themselves and their family, and stay informed about what to do during an emergency situation.

ARE YOU PREPARED?
tranceDJ
quote:
Originally posted by idoru
Looking at it's Wiki, it looks like it's been closer before. I don't see anything happening at all. In my opinion, nuclear holocaust is something that is just threatened. People may fear it, may be afraid of it and things may indeed get very close to it in the future. However, in the end I think people value their own lives and aren't nuts enough to destroy an entire planet. I don't ever see it happening.

Remember this guy? If he had access to a nuke or biological weapons he definitely was nuts enough to destroy the entire planet.

He's the guy behind the sarin gas attacks in the Tokyo subways. Him along with many other cult leaders basically want to end the world by any means necessary so that it can "start over."

As long as we keep weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of people like this the only thing we have to worry about is natural disasters.

Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
lol wow! :stongue:

and the doomsday clock is so old no one cares about it anymore!

omg Defcon is at Elevated level right now! :nervous: :nervous:

Recommended Activities

All Americans should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious items or activities to local authorities immediately.
Everybody should establish an emergency preparedness kit as well as a communications plan for themselves and their family, and stay informed about what to do during an emergency situation.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Ahhh the life lead in fear :D

P.S. I lolled at my own post. Is that bad? :stongue:
Omega_M
quote:
P.S. I lolled at my own post. Is that bad? :stongue:

You only have to look into the profile of the Executive Director of the magazine which maintains the doom's day clock to realize how bad it is.

quote:
Kennette Benedict is the Executive Director of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. Before joining the Bulletin in October 2005, she had been the Director of International Peace and Security at the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, where she also served as Senior Advisor to the President. She was responsible for grantmaking on issues of international peace and security including support for efforts to reduce the threat from weapons of mass destruction, and a $50 million initiative on science, technology, and security. While serving as Director of the International Peace and Security Area, she established and directed from 1992-2002 the Foundation’s Initiative in the Former Soviet Union and in 2000 established a program of support for higher education in Nigeria. In her position as Senior Advisor, she worked with MacArthur’s President to review and assess the role of private foundations in the United States and abroad.

Before going to the Foundation in 1987, she taught at Rutgers University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her research and teaching focused on organizational decisionmaking, jury decisionmaking, and on women's leadership and American politics. She has also published articles on global governance and on violent conflict. Prior to her academic career, she served in the Massachusetts State Planning agency on law enforcement and criminal justice.

Dr. Benedict is a member of the Board of Trustees of Oberlin College and the Compton Foundation and serves on the Advisory Council of the Stanley Foundation. She co-chaired the Peace and Security Funders Group from 2003-2005. She has served in a number of consulting and advisory capacities, including as advisor to the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the University of Minnesota, and the Center on Effective Philanthropy. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations, and the International Institute of Strategic Studies. She received her A.B. from Oberlin College, a Masters degree from San Francisco State University, and a Ph.D. in political science from Stanford University.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement