return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
2 TT for 500$CAN ????
View this Thread in Original format
Jpx
is it possible to find two TT for +-500$ ( canadian money)
if so, wich ones and where??
Dmatrox
Im sure you can, but its probably not worth the money.

Belt drives around less than $300 each, except belt drives do not have enuf torque

Dj equipment is very expensive :(

An entry level direct drive is the numark tt1650, its about $330 for one.

:(
Jpx
what is entry level??

the thing is...i just want a good TT with pitch control....i don't need ed up stuff...just want to mix...
Jpx
oh and what is torque??
Dmatrox
Entry level means that it has the bare minimum in power and reliability and torque in a direct drive motor. Like in cars, torque is similar to horsepower, as the more torque you have, the more power you have. This is usually for quick start ups, and reliability, and i think it has something to do with its wow and flutter. With an entry level TT you will be able to mix with it, but you will feel that the motor isnt giving enough power. Entry levels do have pitch control.

If you want a bare minimum TT, then go for an entry level.

Otherwise, In my opinion, its better to save up for a TT with more torque.
P`zazz
@Jpx - Torque Is The Power Of The Motor And It Is Measured In Kg/cm I Think. When You're Spinning You Will Have To Stop The Record With You're Hand But You Want The Platter Below To Keep Spining. So The More Torque A TT Has, The More Pressure You Can Apply On Your Record So You're More Comfortable And It Makes Your Job Easier. Belt Drive TTs Have ty Torque Cause They Are Powered By A Rubber Band!!! Offcoarse There Are Direct Drive TTs That Have ty Motors And Are No Better Than Belt Drive TTs. I Recomend You Save Up A Bit More So You Can Get Some Decent EQ, Cause You'll Also Need A Mixer If You Want To Mix, TTs Only Will Not Do :D
Jpx
yea well...for the mixer ill just use my 4-track tascam ( built in mixer )...its kinda ty but it has low and high eqs
Jpx
belt drives means that if i hold the record with my hand and i want to start it there'll be like a fast accelaration and then it will stabilize?? right??
Mosaic
No, belt drive and direct drive are the method by which the platter is spun.

With belt drive, the platter is attached to the motor via a belt.

Direct Drive has the motor directly beneath the spindle, thus is has far more torque than a belt drive. Direct Drive is also more accurate, which means it is better at maintaining the same speed.

If you are going to spend $500+, don't waste it on a pair of crappy belt drives. Save up some more and grab a decent pair of Numark or Gemini TTs which use direct drive. Or, save up $1500 for a pair of Technics 1200s :P
Werewolf
get 2 of Stanton STR8-80's. They r really good for starters.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/besttoys/str880sk.html

each is 180 $

I think noone can find a lower price than this. Usually it's around 250 $

DJ A.i
you can get tables with more then bare minimum for a lot less now. for example.. the gemini pt2100,2400,2410,sa2400 all have direct drive motors and has a lot of torque(2.2kg of it) which is more then enough. (Technics only have 1.5kg of torque)also they have quartz lock,7 grams of tone arm pressure (which is way more then enough), and a lot more features depending on model. so if you want to get most out of small amount of money, i would go with one of those. but $500 canadian is not much to spend on DJ equipment... so good luck
Michael Russo
quote:
Originally posted by DJ A.i
the gemini pt2100,2400,2410,sa2400 all have direct drive motors and has a lot of torque(2.2kg of it) which is more then enough. (Technics only have 1.5kg of torque)

Ha ha ha

Don't mislead people with gemini propaganda
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement