return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

getting through rough periods
View this Thread in Original format
djsblaha
Over the last month or so, I finally got to a point where every mix I did seemed absolutely perfect and nothing was going wrong. But in the last 4-5 days, it's like I can't do anything right, sometimes the beatmatch will be perfect, and other times it comes out like i just put one record on and guessed a speed and tried to mix it in. My question is, how have you guys gotten through things like this? Should i take a couple days away from my turntables, I get REALLY frustrated easily and so this is very uncool after how well I was doing in the last few weeks? Or should I practice more and just deal with it?
Eugene
I know exactly what you're talking about.

A few days ago, I was mixing very well. Then I entered a "rough" period that I've had for 2 days already. Both yesterday and today all my attempts were so terrible that I am very, very upset and "thrown off."

When I have periods like this, it's best to walk away from the decks for a few days. When you come back afterwards, it's bound to get better.
Mosaic
yeah, whenever things are getting frustrating, I'll usually just take a break for a few days. I find once I come back, everything is back to normal. Stuff that happens in life can sometimes get to you and effect your mixing ability, so I find it's best NOT to mix when I am in a bad mood and avoid these rough period.

It's all about where your mind is :)
djsblaha
Thanks, guess I'll take a day or two to try and cool off, more time to find new tracks to get and whatnot :)
DJ LIQUID
quote:
Originally posted by djsblaha
Thanks, guess I'll take a day or two to try and cool off, more time to find new tracks to get and whatnot :)

yea..take a few days off...and get planty of rest...ur gonna need all that energy when u get back on the dekz and GET UR GROOVE BACK :D :D :D

<------Happened to me this morning :D :D :D
Great Outdoors
I'm going through a rough patch right now. The most important thing is not to lose heart! will happen; it's how we handle the crisis!
My mixing went a little better this morning; much better than it was yesterday afternoon, but still e. No matter what, I won't give up. I spent so much dough on this stuff, it'll be crazy to give up now. More importantly, though, I love trance too much to give up..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement