return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Suspected tornadoes kill at least 14 in Florida
View this Thread in Original format
djmaxima
LADY LAKE, Florida (CNN) -- Suspected tornadoes killed at least 14 people early Friday in central Florida, leaving catastrophic destruction in their wake, a Lake County official said.

"We have complete devastation of homes, businesses, religious institutions," said Christopher Patton of the Lake County Emergency Operations Center. "It was unlike perhaps even the hurricanes of 2004."

Awaking residents hours before dawn, the storms also walloped Volusia and Sumter counties, toppling trees and power lines and sending tractor-trailers careering off Interstate 4.

The disaster prompted Florida Gov. Charlie Crist to declare a state of emergency in those counties and Lake and Seminole counties. (Watch aerial views of huge swath of destruction, including smashed homes and downed trees )

"Our priority today is search and rescue," Crist said at a news conference. "We want to make sure that anybody who's in the affected area, that we make sure we get them out, we get them out safely." (Watch governor warn about trying to check on loved ones )

Neighborhoods in the storm's path look like war zones, with debris -- some resembling a huge game of pickup sticks -- stretching for miles. Wood, roofing, furniture and other rubble are piled everywhere.

"The destruction we see here is just beyond words. Homes completely destroyed, moved off their foundation. You can't even tell there were some homes in this area," said Dan McCarthy, a reporter from WESH-TV, as he viewed the area from a helicopter.

:nervous: i live in florida :nervous:
Ygrene
Nature is pissed off lately!
djmaxima
where the hell did these tornadoes come from :whip:

the weather here in florida is ed up... like yesterday.. it was rly cold, now today is rly rly hot and humid :mad:
Aristronica
pfft florida (watch me not care)
djmaxima
quote:
Originally posted by Aristronica
pfft florida (watch me not care)
then why did you post? :p
dj_bas
God damn Puerto Rican tornadoes!! Coming in and stealing all the US tornadoes' jobs, this is an outrage and I shan't stand for it :mad:
djmaxima
quote:
Originally posted by dj_bas
God damn Puerto Rican tornadoes!! Coming in and stealing all the US tornadoes' jobs, this is an outrage and I shan't stand for it :mad:
:( plz put ur other avatar back ... everytime i see it i lol :happy2:
djmaxima
:( damn .. it's lucnh time.. im not closing the thread tho
chach
glad i dont live in central fl anymore... stupid hicks
SuspicionVandit
quote:
Originally posted by djmaxima
Suspected tornadoes kill at least 14 in Florida

have any arrests been made?

tubularbills
quote:
Originally posted by djmaxima
where the hell did these tornadoes come from :whip:

the weather here in florida is ed up... like yesterday.. it was rly cold, now today is rly rly hot and humid :mad:

spc put out a moderate risk for like the northern half of florida two days ago.

, i even briefed my command staff about this 48 hours ago.

gulf low + frontal boundary + right entrance region of an extremely fast jet max + low level speed shear + low level directional shear + moisture at 700mb + Lifted indices of -5 + a more weather parameters = tornadoes.

duh. :rolleyes:
Inconspicuous
are there any other suspects?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement