return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Beatport problem - Noise during playback
View this Thread in Original format
nbzie
After I burned a track that I downloaed from beatport, when I played it back off of the CD there is this wierd, scratchy, squiggly sound that was persistent throught the whole track. This has happened on a bunch of tracks that I downloaded from them.

What is causing this and what can I do to fix it? Tracks I've downloaed from Juno are fine so it's not my computer. The Beatport tracks are 320. Does that have anything to do with it?

Thanks for your help
andydavey
Is the noise present when you play them on your PC in Winamp or something?
nbzie
I purchased the track, downloaded it, and burned it to CD.

When I play the track off of the CD (i.e. in the CDJ) there is a wierd scratchy squiggly noise that persists throughout the length of it.

When the track is played back on my computer it is fine.

The problem is during the CD burning process.

Thanks for your help
diego992
That happened to me once, just download it again from beatport.com (it should be in your crate) and try burning it into another cd.
It worked for me.
skip
are you using nero 7?
nbzie
I'm using the cd burning software that came with my computer - roxio. The roxio program is not the problem because i've downloaded tons of tracks before with no problem.

Does anyone know what that noise is? its so strange that it would be present on the CD but not on the mp3
nbzie
quote:
Originally posted by diego992
That happened to me once, just download it again from beatport.com (it should be in your crate) and try burning it into another cd.
It worked for me.

How do I do this? I've already downloaded them. Under the "redownload" section there is nothing listed and in the "downloaded" section it is not letting me download them again.
Dervish
Might just be an issue with the burning software burning tracks at that high a bit rate. I'd try another burning software and see what happens.
Dojomaster26
Try burning the tracks at a slower speed (16x works fine for me), using a different burning app (iTunes, Nero are good), use different CD-Rs, etc.
nbzie
problem solved!

The problem was the burning software (Roxio). I tried burning using Windows media player and its working fine. Maybe roxio (my version at least) cant handle 320 bitrates? im not sure.

anyways thanks for your responses
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement