return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 
US loses fourth helicopter in less than two weeks (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
shaolin_Z
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Shibby
LOL

:D

okay, okay, enough monkey business

Say what?

Hmmm... you stumped me.

Are you opposing my foreign policy?

shaolin_Z
Holy crap, anyone else notice the uncanny resemblance :

shaolin_Z
Arbiter just reawakened my inner retard :(.
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by shaolin_Z
Actually, I think all the gory that's taken place during the course of this war should be exposed in the media to be honest. Yes, it's not pleasant, it's gross, but it's reality. And we need to start dealing with it instead of ignoring it.

Honesty is completely different than glorification.
shaolin_Z
quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy
Honesty is completely different than glorification.

You have a point there. But it's also a subjective take on it, which is fine as well. We all do.
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by shaolin_Z
You have a point there. But it's also a subjective take on it, which is fine as well. We all do.

When you've seen pictures and video coming from this war, when it's an American dead, it's been glorification most of the time, especially with erdega's posts. When pics of Abu Gharib and dead civilians come out, our entire country is embarassed and ashamed of what our troops have done. We want to win the war, but at the highest ethical standard that can be taken when it comes to war.

I honestly don't think I've seen a video glorifying how many people the Americans have killed, no matter whether they are insurgent soldiers, civilians, prisoners, etc. Even the bootlegged Hussein hanging video was seen with disdain by many Americans. Had the video of the next hanging where the guy was decapitated, there would have been even more international outrage than there was.

Conversely, in the US, we've seen our enemies broadcasting and glorifying the beheadings of civilian contractors, sniper deaths of US soldiers, and videos of choppers getting shot down. I guess when they've got so little to grip onto, they'll settle for the best news that they can get, and unfortunately, killing more people is the best that they can do. Bush, as much of a scumbag as he is, can at least claim that we've implemented more democracy to Iraq than existed 4 years ago by introducing elections and doesn't have to resort to constantly broadcasting enemy death tolls

I don't think that there's a doubt that the US has inflicted a higher body count in this war, but as we all are aware, having the higher death toll doesn't make you a loser if you're viewed as martyrs. We've at least not shown it. Maybe we should, then the enemy would feel as disenfranchised about the war as many US citizens are by the, sadly honest, low death toll that has been inflicted on US soldiers. 3,100 is really a small figure compared to previous US wars last century (WWs, Korea, Vietnam), no offense to those who have been personally affected by that number, that's just a straight, unemotional reading of the numbers.
Cyrus King
The American imperialists deserve the backlash they are facing. Serves them right
Q5echo
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrus King
The American imperialists deserve the backlash they are facing. Serves them right

the Iraqis are are getting the "backlash" (whatever that means). do the Iraqis deserve the "backlash"?
LazFX
quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
the Iraqis are are getting the "backlash" (whatever that means). do the Iraqis deserve the "backlash"?

Oh Cyrus don't care, a million Iraq's People can get killed as long as a handful of US servicemen die :rolleyes:
hardcore trancer
quote:
Originally posted by LazFX
Oh Cyrus don't care, a million Iraq's People can get killed as long as a handful of US servicemen die :rolleyes:

As if you give a about Iraqi's :rolleyes:

LazFX
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
As if you give a about Iraqi's :rolleyes:

Don't you cuss at me you welfare case
shaolin_Z
Sweet! People cussing each other out and I'm not participating in it :).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement