return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Lucid, but not logical
View this Thread in Original format
(y)
quote:

Ed G wrote on Feb-07-2007 16:00:
quote:

lücid wrote on Feb-07-2007 10:27:
quote:

Ed G wrote on Today 08:45:
Do you really think it's fair to permanently ban me because I tricked people into thinking I molested my dog? Would you have banned me if you read the thread AFTER I admitted that I had only popped his pimples? Slylee will verify that I was joking so you don't even have to take my word for it. Here's the pm she sent me after I explained the joke to her: http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...essageid=566006

Lucid, how would you write the "rule" that I've "broken" by making that thread?

What's the worst thing I've done here? I posted a pic of a latex mouth and a video that you can see right now on eBaum's World which I only linked to AND I labeled NSFW. I made a sig that superimposed a dog's belly over a girls crotch. Fine, you found it inappropriate and deleted it, that's not the worst infraction is it?

I know I'm new but considering that I never flamed anyone and that my last thread was an innocent prank it seems like you could at least respond to me.

for a new member who's been around for only a month, here's what you've done:

- you've been suspended 3 times already
- i've had to warn you for other stuff
- i've received complaints from other members about you and your posts/threads
- almost all of your posts are in COR
- you seem to enjoy pushing the limits and getting a rise out of people just because you know you can do it
- you bragged about how you were banned from the last forum you posted on and how all your posts were deleted

when you add all of those things up, it's considered trolling. i've already said in your thread that you've received more chances than you deserve, and i don't need to say anymore.
[you've been suspended 3 times already]
-The first time I did nothing wrong and you reinstated me when you understood that I wasn't an alt.

-You're counting this last time which was also not based on a violation of either written rule or TA standards. I could show numerous examples of tolerance for off-color humor and disgusting concepts. When I posted my thread there was, and still is, another that linked to a bestiality site complete with graphic images and descriptions of much worse behaviors than what I alluded to in my hoax thread.

-The second time you banned me wasn't unreasonable, but it was a minor mistake on my part. A latex mouth pic and a NSFW labeled link to a video which is available on a mainstream site is hardly a major misstep.

[i've had to warn you for other stuff]- One thing, my sig. It was a cute doggie's belly and a girl. It looked graphically sexual at first glance, but it was not. I got compliments from TA's for it. You said it went too far and deleted it. Fine, that couldn't have taken much of your time, and was obviously a minor thing. Here's a link in case you want to refresh your memory: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/...ldogsnatch2.jpg

[i've received complaints from other members about you and your posts/threads]- In contrast I've gotten positive feedback and several lols. Just because a few whiners lack self-respect and run to a mod because they don't personally like my posts doesn't indicate suspension imo. If you used that as a guideline there soon would be no active members left. I have never flamed anyone here, or made any disrespectful comments, even when others were disrespectful towards me.

[almost all of your posts are in COR]- Are you saying that a person can't contribute to TA by posting in the COR? I've got 300 gigs of edm on my computer, 1000 cds, and 5000 records at this time, I just don't choose to talk about music as much as listen to it. Can you show me where it says one must post in other forums? You've never mentioned this to me, so it seems like a weak reason for banning someone.

[you seem to enjoy pushing the limits and getting a rise out of people just because you know you can do it]- What is TA if not a place where pushing limits is the rule? This is clearly a forum that celebrates whoring (see CORewhore), drug use, sodomy, rudeness, political incorrectness, etc, etc. I don't see how anything I've posted goes beyond the level of typical TA banter.

[you bragged about how you were banned from the last forum you posted on and how all your posts were deleted]- Are you saying that the actions taken, by a mod who you don't know, on a forum you don't know, for reasons you can't know, is justification for banning me? I also said that I had made over 800 posts on that forum. Can you imagine a good reason to delete 800 posts that were previously acceptable? The obvious answer is that the action was taken by a moderator who exceeded their duties for personal reasons. The reason the posts were deleted was that anyone could have read them and seen that I had never broken a rule, and didn't deserve suspension. In fact my posts showed a pattern of positive responses from old and new members alike. There was however a small clique of members who didn't like me and who were friends with that mod. There are many, many people who are critical of the mod in question. I'm sure if it weren't so hard to find decent moderators, that dood would have been removed from his post.

TA doesn't need me, or any other individual to thrive, but it does require a degree of openness. Banning people because they say things that a vocal few disapprove of is nothing more than a form of political correctness, something that seems at odds with the spirit of TA.

I know how important TA is to you from the work you do here and from comments you've made. I assume that you don't have unlimited time to spend considering every action, so I don't take your decision personally. All I ask is that you take one more moment and reconsider whether or not I've broken the rules sufficiently to deserve permanent suspension.

Finally, we both know I can just make a new account, but that wouldn't serve my purpose. I have no desire to hide who I am regardless of the anonymous nature of the internet.

Thanks, Ed G.
MrSquirrel
Why in the name of all that is holy would you give a rat's ass about not being able to post on a web board like this?

Regardless, this board is Swamper's property. Free-speech has no bearing on it as he has total editorial control of said property. Lucid, among others, are people who he has asked, and have agreed, to help him exercise said editorial control. They don't do it other than out of a respect for him on a volunteer basis.

MrS
(y)
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
Why in the name of all that is holy would you give a rat's ass about not being able to post on a web board like this?

Regardless, this board is Swamper's property. Free-speech has no bearing on it as he has total editorial control of said property. Lucid, among others, are people who he has asked, and have agreed, to help him exercise said editorial control. They don't do it other than out of a respect for him on a volunteer basis.

MrS

I don't give a rat's ass. Ed G has been permanently banned and (y) will be too very soon. If I cared I would have used this alt anonymously, not like this.
(y)
I thought I would like TA, but Lucid has proven to be the very typical "hall monitor" type mod found on every other board.
(y)
Lucid's illogical reaction might be based on RJT's attitude toward me.

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Leave it to a genius like you to completely miss the point.

Textbook definitions and the content you find at dictionary.com aren't the end all, be-all answer to issues like these - if you think they are, go have a semantics discussion.

Those of us who are capable of discussing the issues in realistic and non-reactionary terms will continue to see things for what they are, in this case: A TELEVISION SHOW DESIGNED FOR ENTERTAINMENT.

It does not, in any way, shape, or form promote this "right wing agenda" you seem to assume it does.

I'm done addressing you - your closemindedness and reactionary comments regarding a show you've never seen render your opinion completely worthless to me. My guess, based on the way you approach this issue, is that you're just one of those very irritating types of liberals who feels a need to disect pop culture in illogical and inappropriate ways simply to fit their own devices.

Good for you, you must be proud to make such ridiculous assumptions based on the same kind of propaganda you so clearly want to demonize.
quote:
Originally posted by Ed G
It's interesting that you label me as reactionary. You've been defensive from the beginning. You've insulted my intelligence in a few posts, which is fine, but it makes you seem more reactionary than I. I've been very civil in our discussion, and have not resorted to name calling.

You say I'm close-minded, but I doubt that you could give an example of it.

You call me a liberal with almost nothing to base your opinion on. I don't approve of torture as a political tool and I don't approve of any depiction of torture as a bonefide means to gaining information. It's more of a fetish than an interrogation tool. If this attitude makes me a liberal then so be it.

I know you're done with this discussion, but if you weren't I would ask you these questions:

Can a fictional story be made with the intention that it promote a particular ideology regardless of the fact that it's main purpose is entertainment?

Do you consider that which promotes a doctrine or ideology to be propaganda?

As I've asked before, does 24 depict "good guys" torturing people? You could have shut me up immediately by answering no. Since you didn't I will assume that the article is right in it's assessment until I see it for myself.
distant
As far as I can see, the reasons listed aren't enough to warrant a permanent ban. Especially not "complaints from other members". What kind of bull is that? Lucid should know better.
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by (y)
Lucid's illogical reaction might be based on RJT's attitude toward me.

or it might be based on the fact that you've gone out of your way to be a jackass, asking stupid questions, making stupid comments, and lucid took action. Take it like a man & walk away.
distant
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
or it might be based on the fact that you've gone out of your way to be a jackass, asking stupid questions, making stupid comments, and lucid took action. Take it like a man & walk away.

meneedit has been doing that since the beginning of time.

Not to mention all the other jacks on this forum hi-jacking proper threads with their nonsense (see MrJive's child support thread). How come that isn't against the rules?
MrSquirrel
quote:
Originally posted by (y)
I don't give a rat's ass. Ed G has been permanently banned and (y) will be too very soon. If I cared I would have used this alt anonymously, not like this.

You obviously do if you find the need to make a new username and post this.

quote:
Originally posted by (y)
I thought I would like TA, but Lucid has proven to be the very typical "hall monitor" type mod found on every other board.

Without a "hall monitor" mod, boards end up being nothing but a giant spam-box where no threads about anything other than ways to win a free playstation. It is the way of the world. No other system has shown it works, so why would you try to fix what is not broken.

MrS
stren
take it to PM, we don't care

(y)
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I am walking away Ian, but I'm taking this opportunity to have one last conversation about forum dynamics. Notice how I don't respond angrily to insults? This is how I post. I follow rules. What my experience on TA illustrates is how personal mods get. They get drunk with their little power, so no, I won't ultimately miss TA.
(y)
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel

Without a "hall monitor" mod, boards end up being nothing but a giant spam-box where no threads about anything other than ways to win a free playstation. It is the way of the world. No other system has shown it works, so why would you try to fix what is not broken.

MrS

I'm not saying have no moderators. I even understand the difficultly admins have managing mods because they are volunteers. I don't dislike Lucid, and maybe she'll learn something about herself from our interaction. Let's face it, most mods fail, but they're not bad people or anything.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement