return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Derealization
View this Thread in Original format
OurManFlint
Anybody ever have this?
http://www.dpselfhelp.com/

It started like a week ago. I had a panic attack brought on by absolutly no stress or or anything, it just sort of happened. Afterwards, since I knew about panic attacks and how they are a completely harmless reaction, I thought nothing of it. Prior to this, I've only had one other panic attack. Afterwards, even though I don't have a fear of getting anotherone, I felt different afterwards which then brought on the fear of having another one.

About 3 days later, I had another panic attack at school during my homework, not really a stressful situation again. After that one, I started feeling really different mentally, like there was something off in my brain chemistry. I couldn't visualize things mentally, touch sensations didn't seem right, and my vision seemed to be pidgeon holded. I literally felt like I was going crazy.

I researched throughout the internet to see if there was anything associatede with what I was feeling and this derealization was the best description of what I was going through, plus its common with panic attacks. I feel like I am getting better, and I have been to wrok twice during the duration in which I had perfect recall everything, motor skills and calculation abilities were fine.

I schedualed an appointment with the doctor to get some blood tests that have already been taken and I am trying to schedual something with a neurologists to see if there is anything wrong physically, like a brain tumor.

After a couple of days of just experiencing the symptoms of derealization, I think I just have a case of anxiety. The thing is, I don't know from what. I am not a particularly stressed out person, I don't have any issues mentally, no history of any kind of mental illness, nor any family history. My family doesn't have any history of cancer either. I am pretty much just remaining with a cool head about all this, plus I have school and work, so I am just waiting to confirm that it is nothing physical.

Anywho, has anybody had this "drealization" before? It's pretty scary when it first happens, but once you realize it is just some kind of side effect of anxiety, it's easier to handle.

Edited to add: There were no drugs involved in this, so that alternative can be crossed off.
mezzir
dude, that doesn't sound fun, never had anything that bad
hope it all turns out ok in the end :)
Aristronica
yah that 's crazy but at least you don't have the AIDs
FuzzyChicken
Work and school sounds pretty stressful. Im doing that now. Its not apparently stressful in a sense, but over time it adds up and kinda creeps up on you even if you don't really realize it.

Maybe there are some herbal remedies that you could find to help balance your body chemistry. See if your library has "Prescription for Nutritional Healing 4th Ed: A practical A-to-Z reference to Drug Free remedies Using Vitamins, minerals, herbs, and food supplements." I have this book and some quick supplements to look into for anxiety are:
-Calcium and magnesium (tranquilizer, relieves tension)
-Floradix Iron + Herbs from Salus Haus (iron deficiency can increase the risk of panic attacks)
-Liquid Kyolic with B1 and B12 from Wakunaga (reduces stress and anxiety)
-Multivitamin and mineral complex with potassium and selenium (proper functioning of adrenal glands and antioxidant that protects the heart)
-S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) (natural antidepressant and calming effect Caution: Dont use if you have manic depressive disorder or take anti depressants)
-Vit B complex (helps with nervous system
-Vit C
-Vit E (transports O2 to brain and helps protect from free radicals)
-Zinc (calms nervous system)

This is just a quick summary the book goes into more depth if you want i can scan these pages for you. Good luck.
OurManFlint
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyChicken
Work and school sounds pretty stressful. Im doing that now. Its not apparently stressful in a sense, but over time it adds up and kinda creeps up on you even if you don't really realize it.

Maybe there are some herbal remedies that you could find to help balance your body chemistry. See if your library has "Prescription for Nutritional Healing 4th Ed: A practical A-to-Z reference to Drug Free remedies Using Vitamins, minerals, herbs, and food supplements." I have this book and some quick supplements to look into for anxiety are:
-Calcium and magnesium (tranquilizer, relieves tension)
-Floradix Iron + Herbs from Salus Haus (iron deficiency can increase the risk of panic attacks)
-Liquid Kyolic with B1 and B12 from Wakunaga (reduces stress and anxiety)
-Multivitamin and mineral complex with potassium and selenium (proper functioning of adrenal glands and antioxidant that protects the heart)
-S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) (natural antidepressant and calming effect Caution: Dont use if you have manic depressive disorder or take anti depressants)
-Vit B complex (helps with nervous system
-Vit C
-Vit E (transports O2 to brain and helps protect from free radicals)
-Zinc (calms nervous system)

This is just a quick summary the book goes into more depth if you want i can scan these pages for you. Good luck.
Well, the thing is I just started work, as in the two shifts that I worked with the derealization were my first two. It's my old job, so I know how to do everthing, and I havn't worked for 2 months. So, I don't think it's the build up of that.

What I've read about this derealization is that it's your brain's natural reaction to numb itself from emotion or the senses. Kind of like when you break your foot. Your brain will numb the pain mentally by putting you into a sort of derealized state. It does the same thing when you have a buildup of too much stress, your brain will numb itself. I don't think I've been letting all of my stress out from school, like I've been holding it in and that's probabaly what's giving me anxiety and setting off the panic attacks. I'm probably goin to pick up golf again or pick up on some physically active hobby to let out some stress after I start feeling normal again.

I do agree though with the vitamins and minerals though.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement