return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: [1] 2 
FOUND! Recent chemical weapons in Iraq
View this Thread in Original format
MisterOpus1
Uhh, welp, not quite what we had in mind:

quote:
U.S. Says It Found Chemicals at Iraqi Bomb Factory
By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.

BAGHDAD, Feb. 22 — American troops on a raid near Falluja discovered three car bombs under construction in a bomb-making factory that appeared intended to be used with chemicals, the chief American military spokesman in Baghdad said Thursday.

Five of the buildings raided by American forces were packed with munitions and chemicals, he said.

The discovery follows three gas attacks in the past month in which insurgents used truck bombs to deploy chlorine, a greenish gas that burns the skin and can be fatal after just a few deep breaths. The latest such bombing on Wednesday in southern Baghdad killed at least two people and wounded 32 others, many exhibiting symptoms of chlorine exposure.

The spokesman, Maj. Gen. William B. Caldwell IV, described the materials found in the raid as 65 propane tanks and ordinary chemicals, but he did not say any chlorine gas was found. He said the troops found “five complete buildings full of these various types of things to include car bombs that were being assembled and put together with propane tanks.

The insurgents’ recent use of chlorine gas in bombings appeared to be a new attempt to heighten fears among Iraqi citizens, he said on CNN.

“What we are seeing is a change in tactics, but the strategy has not changed,” General Caldwell said, adding that the recent bombings were a “crude attempt to raise the terror level by taking and mixing ordinary chemicals with explosive devices and instilling that fear within the Iraqi people.”

Just west of Falluja in Ramadi, the Anbar provincial capital, American forces fought a fierce battle with insurgents early Thursday morning that officials at the Ramadi hospital said left at least 27 Iraqis dead. Dr. Abdullah Salah said four women and four children were among the dead. Eyewitnesses said at least three homes were attacked by American aircraft.

The Associated Press reported that photographs that were made available to it showed “the bodies of two small boys wrapped in one blanket, one with a bloody face, the other ashen and with mud on his mouth, his hands crossed on his chest.” Other pictures showed four or five bodies covered by blankets, and men sifting through rubble that appeared to be the wreckage of one destroyed home.

The United States Marine Corps, which patrols western Iraq, disputed the account of Ramadi hospital workers. The Marines said U.S. soldiers, including troops in tanks, took fire from insurgents and returned fire. Any building that was attacked by United States forces had been used as shelter by insurgents who were firing on the troops during the skirmish, they said. At least 12 people were killed, all of them insurgents, they added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/22/w...agewanted=print

You see, Rummy and Cheney were right all along!

Resilient little f$ckers, those insurgents. Chlorine gas - nice touch you bastards. Not good. Not good at all.

In other news, Anna Nicole is still dead. And the British pulling out of Iraq is a tell-tale sign of VICTORY!!! in Iraq. Now back to sports, Frank.
shaolin_Z
LOL :D
pkcRAISTLIN
im not sure a topic on new and interesting ways of murdering US troops & iraqi civilians deserves such levity.
shaolin_Z
I wonder if they're going to find a can of coke and claim it's a WMD haha
Q5echo
i drank breast milk once.
shaolin_Z
quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
i drank breast milk once.

Dude, you know they don't allow that on planes anymore. What is wrong with you? You might explode or something :p
Fir3start3r
Yea, I read that too and wondered what the point of bringing it up was?
I'm sure they've found stuff like that before so why make a point of it now? :conf:

Are they giving credence to the fact that there's still extremists out there (yea thanks for the tip sparky) or god forbid still trying to find a WMD link (like that horse hasn't been flogged to glue right about now).
Either way....nothing to see here....move along...
shaolin_Z
quote:
Originally posted by Fir3start3r

Either way....nothing to see here....move along...

Did you miss the breasts Q mentioned? Shame on you Fir3start3r :rolleyes:.
Fir3start3r
quote:
Originally posted by shaolin_Z
Did you miss the breasts Q mentioned? Shame on you Fir3start3r :rolleyes:.

Dood, my wife just started breast-feeding, I'm in heaven right now :p :eyes:
MisterOpus1
quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
im not sure a topic on new and interesting ways of murdering US troops & iraqi civilians deserves such levity.

It was neither my focus nor my intent to demonstrate as such, which I believe clearly contrasts my posts from those in question from the past. Rather, I was showing the irony and silliness of our news media posting such a headline and story, especially in regards to what has occurred with the entire WMD fiasco in the past.

Jesus Christ, did I really have to explain that at all? Surely you're joking, right? Right?

MisterOpus1
quote:
Originally posted by Fir3start3r
Dood, my wife just started breast-feeding, I'm in heaven right now :p :eyes:

I'm really not sure what to think about that, not that I want to think about your wife's lactating breasts. I don't even know her. It's just I'm a little perplexed about the "sexiness" of breasts filled with milk. We're not working on kids yet, so I'm really talking out of experience here.

Ya know, I think I'll shut up now and move along. Just ignore that previous paragraph.
Lilith
It's not so much the milk, its a case of turning B-Cups into something a boat family could use as floatation devices between islands, is what they're all excited about. Least that's how my sister ended up, not sure if it's worth the fun of baby poo smells, screaming and projectile vomiting and the realisation that after a year or so it'll be back to normal... just with the added screaming, smells and lack of sleep.

Anyhow...
Yes I was watching the news about these things going off in combination with the conventional explosives, they're not so much 'killing' people with the gas but it's making it hard for medical teams to help soon after and generally making a lot of people sick as a side effect.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement