return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Attn: Blake Jarrell
View this Thread in Original format
rktyr
Hey Blake this is your biggest fan, Martin again... Whenever i listen to your remix of Death Cab it makes me feel so happy inside. Like im skipping along a grassy hill on a bright sunny day with a group of rabbits and squirrels and other small forest creatures following me. This is just drunk rambling but i thought you should know. See you at Armin on saturday!
lücid
:stongue:
RJT
lol.

I'd be remiss if I said I couldn't relate to this fellow, though. :p

ing "Thumpie..."
Blake_Jarrell
im glad that my remixes make people feel like a pied piper. :)
neural defect
Were the squirrels wearing condoms?
rktyr
quote:
Originally posted by neural defect
Were the squirrels wearing condoms?

I don't think so....should i be worried?
neural defect
quote:
Originally posted by rktyr
I don't think so....should i be worried?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/05/sq...l.ap/index.html

Squirrel birth control aims to curb breeding frenzy
Story Highlights• Officials say squirrels in Santa Monica park pose public health risk
• Squirrels will get shots that stunt their sexual development
• Animal-loving residents objected to euthanizing the squirrels
• Santa Monica has been cited by county five times for squirrel overpopulation

SANTA MONICA, California (AP) -- Officials have tried poison, gassing and euthanasia to control a breeding frenzy among squirrels in a city park here. Now, they plan to give birth control a shot.

Under a new program to start this summer, squirrels in Palisades Park will be injected with an immuno-contraceptive vaccine to stunt their sexual development.

"We don't want to kill them if we don't have to," said Joe McGrath, the city's parks chief. "I personally like squirrels, but we also have to be receptive to the county's concerns."

Health officials say the squirrels, which number about 1,000 in the park, pose a public health risk. They warn that the rodents are aggressive and may carry rabies or host fleas that can spread disease, such as bubonic plague.

Since 1998, Santa Monica has been cited five times by Los Angeles County for squirrel overpopulation. But the suppression methods it has used, including euthanasia, have angered animal-loving activists.

City officials say the infertility shots offer a diplomatic solution.

The vaccine, developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, stops ovulation and lactation in female squirrels, and testicular development in males. The shots, running $2 to $10, have no side effects such as swelling, said James Gionfriddo, a USDA wildlife biologist.

Santa Monica would be the second city in the state, after Berkeley, to try the immunization program.

Animal activist Catherine Rich said she supports the vaccine program but believes any health risk posed by the squirrels is overblown.

"There is not a pressing threat of squirrels attacking people," Rich said, "so I don't know why the county is getting their panties in a bunch."
b.simon
Oh crap, I nearly fell off the chair reading through this.

Good stuff! :D

We should get rkytr on of these buttons.
neural defect
rktyr
Well the squirrels i pictured in my head don't look as cracked out as the one above. And they can control their urges, LOL My neighbor would probably support the sterilizing of squirrels. They keep eating her flowers and digging up her various plants so she has a special squirrel catching cage that the baits with some food and once the squirrel is caught she drives out to the park that's a few miles away and releases them there.

b.simon
quote:
Originally posted by rktyr
Well the squirrels i pictured in my head don't look as cracked out as the one above. And they can control their urges, LOL My neighbor would probably support the sterilizing of squirrels. They keep eating her flowers and digging up her various plants so she has a special squirrel catching cage that the baits with some food and once the squirrel is caught she drives out to the park that's a few miles away and releases them there.

You have some weird neighbors.... :crazy:
Lebezniatnikov
Wow, this thread delivers!

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement