return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Proton Radio & Friends Miami WMC 2007 full details announced...
View this Thread in Original format
James_Lauer

///////////// FROM THE DESK OF JAMES LAUER /////////////

Dearest Friends and Supporters of Proton Radio,

Miami WMC is upon us! Consider this your official invite to join proton radio & crew on the evening of Wednesday February 21st beginning at 7pm for a very special event (e.g. all night bender) to be held @ Cafeteria as we kick off WMC 2007 in style.

Featuring sets from several of the station's finest, please join us as we will be taking over our favorite intimate space on south beach and celebrating the best electronic music with many friends both new and old. A much larger than average quantity of alcoholic beverages will be served. Meet & greet with industry types starting at 7pm and chilled beverages will be served from multiple bar areas until 5am. For those of us still standing at that point in the morning and if we so desire the music will continue until a later hour and a hearty breakfast will be served to refresh our energy for the new day ahead.

If you have had to foresight to attend the annual proton miami party in the past you already know that this is a bit of a legendary event for the station and it's many forward thinking artists and friends but if you have not I encourage you to join us this year for it is truly something special. For others of us with more severe drinking problems consider it an all out boozefest for a good cause. In any case feel free to spread the word to other musically minded friends and especially musically minded single female friends. All of your wildest dreams will come true.

As a final note I would like to make you aware that advance tickets are highly recommended to insure entry and are available for a limited time in advance from www.wantickets.com/proton. Proceeds from all ticket sales to support Proton Radio and it's (expanding) operations. Thank you for supporting the station we love and its continuing efforts to further the best underground electronic music.

Hope to see you at WMC and keep listening to the good stuff!

Best Regards,
James

///////////////// END OF STATEMENT //////////////////

PROTON RADIO & FRIENDS MIAMI WMC 2007
TIME: 7:00pm - 5:00am + afterhours
COST: $10
VENUE TYPE: Lounge / Club
ADVANCE TICKETS: wantickets.com/proton
PRESENTED BY: Proton Radio, TheKnockList.com
SPONSORED BY: Beatport, Involved Events, Wantickets, Blue Media

CAFETERIA • 546 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach

Cafeteria is a super stylin’ restaurant lounge with a genuine Phazon sound system. The radical transformation of the space, which once was an Art Deco Cadillac dealership, is impressive. The cool, black-and-white decor contrasts nicely with the warm food and hot music; the lounge in particular feels like something out of 2001: A Space Odyssey (but in a good way). And did we mention the retractable glass roof?

There’s more to Cafeteria than just its uber-hip decor, though. Phazon’s Phil Smith took care to make the aural environment just as comfortable as the futuristic furniture. “It’s easier to be around a Phazon system,” he explains. “Some of the others are very painful at close range. We keep it very friendly.” Cafeteria’s lounge sound system features nine two-way speakers (which appear to be customized JBL MS28 cabinets), two more cabinets flown over the DJ booth, and at least four subwoofers (apparently EAW SB48e cabinets) artfully concealed throughout the room. The DJ booth is equipped with two well-damped Technics SL1210 MK5G turntables, two Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK2 CD players, and a Pioneer DMP-555 tabletop digital media player. BSS, Audia, and custom Phazon processors work their respective magic on the audio signal before it’s sent to an imposing stack of Crown CFS Series amplifiers. The system, Smith says, “is very powerful, but it doesn’t hurt the ears.”
RJT
I just peed my pants a little when I saw Spooky as the headliner.

Chicago people are part of some absolutely unbelievable events this year

Have fun kids - I'm wishing we were going more and more, day by day...
Blake_Jarrell
nice one, i will try to stop by

thank god its not at the place it was last year :nervous:
Ben Brown
I in love ricky ryan/can costa. There's a dope mix of his over in the Tracklist forum.
James_Lauer
cool, hope you guys can make it... has been a minute so will be good to catch up. :D
Aquadyne
good to see Opencloud
James_Lauer

Meet & Greet starting at 7pm, get there early for free Proton CDs while they last and any other stuff we can dig up. Naveen and I will deliver a proper dinner set :) and prepare for the fury to follow...

Main Room/Lounge:
7pm-9:30pm: James Lauer + Naveen G (Chicago vs. NYC)
9:30pm-11pm: Little Mike + Scott Paradis (Beatport Beatdown)
11pm-11:45pm: Ricky Ryan
11:45-12:30am: Neil Quigley
12:30am-1:30am: Audiofly X
1:30am-3am: Spooky *Live*
3am-4am: Opencloud
4am-5am: Pole Folder
5am+: afterhours... TBA!

Miami WMC Warm-Up Mix on Proton Radio...
MP3 stream: http://www.jameslauer.com/mp3/James..._March_2007.pls
MP3 download (right click, 'save as'): http://download.djlauer.com/proton/..._March_2007.mp3

Partial Arts - Trauermusik (Original/Alter Ego Remix) [Kompakt]
Sergio Munoz - Nice & Easy [Urbantorque]
Justin Martin - The Fugitive [Buzzin Fly]
King Roc - Welcome to Zion (Sebo K & Metro Remix) [Simple]
Estroe - Driven (Jamie Jones Remix) [Connaisseur Superieur]
Antena - Camino Del Sol (Joakim Remix) [Permanent Vacation]
Rekleiner - Somewhere (Sass Remix) [Mood Music]
Hug - Tiny Stars [Kompakt]
Claude von Stroke - Seven Deadly Strokes (Patrick Chardronnet Remix) [Neuton]
Jamie Jones - Amazon [Freak N' Chic]
Rocker's Hi-Fi - Push Push (M.A.N.D.Y.'s Pusher Remix) [Great Stuff]
Jori Hulkkonen feat. Nick Triani - Science (Aril Brikha Remix) [F Communications]
Dale Anderson & Anil Chawla - Leftorium [Global Underground]
Ripperton - Farra [Connaisseur Superieur][/u]
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement