return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Amsterdam or Ibiza
View this Thread in Original format
tranzformer
In your opinion where would it be a better place to party during the summer for an American. Considering everything: atmosphere, women, clubs, e,music, women..... Any opinions?
evil_bastard
There's no doubt about it: Ibiza.

However, if money is an issue, there are other islands in the meditteranean similar to Ibiza, such as Magaluf and Valeraky, which have awesome club scenes.

There's also some big raves. The UK has several massive raves with dozens of great DJs. Germany has the biggest rave in the world, the Berlin Love Parade, Holland have some very impressive raves including Dance Valley.

That's the outdoor side of things. Ibiza is supposed to be party capital in the summer. 24 hour nightclubs, dirt cheap beer in the bars (but incredibly expensive in the clubs).
G K Murray
MMMM IBIZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't go to SHAGGAPUFF!
evil_bastard
My mate's been to Magaluf and Ibiza. He spent £700 on sevent nights out in Ibiza, and for the same cost had 14 nights in magaluf.

He reckons it's better in magaluf as well as much cheaper. You don't get as many big DJs, but if that's what he's after, he can always use the money he saved to head for the UK for GCSSS or GKGG or Creamfields, Homelands, Love Parade (hopefully), Glastonbury, take your pick, or Berlin for their Love Parade.

I wouldn't go toIbiza for the DJs. You can go elsewhere to massive raves and see them all in one night. I would only go to Ibiza for the atmosphere.

But you get the same atmosphere if not more in Magaluf, so I've heard.
Hell_Copter
mmm i have to say one thing: I-B-I-Z-A!!!!!!!

all u do in there is party!!! and the girls are hot (so i've seen)
tranzformer
Thanks for the help you guys gave me. Does any one know where the island Magaluf is located and off of what coast? That sounds like an interesting alternative.
IronDragon
Ibiza man, its just the atmosphere (or so I hear).
evil_bastard
Magaluf is another of the tiny Ballearic (sp?) Islands, very close to Ibiza, apparently.

One of my mates went to Ibiza for a week, but he got the ferry over to Magaluf for one night. He says it only costs a few quid to get the ferry over, they are very close.

You could go to Ibiza for say a week, but spent one night out in magaluf. Then you can decide for yourself :)

That's what I would advise, if you can afford it. The drinks in the bars in ibiza are apparently so cheap you wonder how they make a profit. Because apparently they are technically expensive, but there are so many deals where you get a free bottle of vodka when you buy a ticket to the big nightclubs and so on. So as a word of advice, get the cheap drinks from the newsagents or from a cheap bar, and get pissed before you go into a club. Apparently the prices in clubs are very expensive (my mate says he was charged £7, that's about $11, for a bottle of water!).

The message I get from everyone who has been is: if you are careful, you can save hundreds in Ibiza. Problem is, many people just go mad and throw money everywhere, or go straight to a club and find the drinks are about 10 quid. It might make you look like a cheapskate, but find the good deals is the message everyone says.

If I could afford it, I'd go to Ibiza, but spend a night or two in Magaluf.

If you do go to Magaluf, go to BCM. Privilege in Ibiza is the biggest nightclub in the world, and BCM in Magaluf is one of the biggest, and apparently has an incredible light system, lazers, and sound system that blows your head off. If you go to Magaluf for one night, make it BCM.
SportTrance
quote:
Originally posted by tranzformer
In your opinion where would it be a better place to party during the summer for an American. Considering everything: atmosphere, women, clubs, e,music, women..... Any opinions?

why not see all of it

Europe 2004 :)
drizzt81
goo evil_bastard.. thanks for the info.. maybe i get to do some vacationing this summer and will go down there (not far from germany) for a week or so :)

Gurian
You have to go to IBIZA
That's better than Amsterdam

I should go to Amsterdam in the winter and to IBIZA in the summer.
Its much hotter there:D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement