return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
trance the devils music?
View this Thread in Original format
djkonami
my dad claims that "club" music, is the devils music. hes a big person on god and I personally think he is ing crazy. I mean I was like on most of the songs its just beats, he responded with.. "I know its the beats that are from the devil, its not words". what the , now he claims I cannot spin my music anymore or hes kicking me out of the house. He also said Im doing drugs again because I started listening to "club music".. even though I never STOPPED doing drugs.. I just hid it really well for a while.. ahh him.. any thoughts?
Trancewave
OMG, that is so weird that you brought up this topic. I remember making a mixed cd for a friend a few years ago. I included mainstream tunes like Azzido Da Bass - Doomsnight, Progress pres. Boy Wunda - Everybody, stuff like that which he really liked. When he got home his parents used the EXACT same words to describe the music. They called it devil's music. Weird that it happened to you too...hmmmm.
davinox
there are crazy christians all over the place.

i'm sorry your dad is one of them.

tell him this country has freedom of religion, and you can practice whatever religion you want. and that even if you want to be christian, there is absolutely nothing demonic about any music. it does not say anything about music in the bible, nor has ANY pastor preached against it, it is only the crazy christians who are insecure with themselves and their beliefs that are this way.
KilldaDJ
trance is good!
hit em and run!
run away, fast! :D
DJMiro
I like this kind of topics.
:toothless
I hate the usual "Tiesto" topics. :whip:

By the way your father is ing crazy, man. What music does he listen? If it is rock then i think he is the one listening to devils music!!
IronDragon
There was a time when Elvis was thought music "evil music".
IronDragon
That should read: "there was a time when Elvis Presley was thought to have made 'devil music'", not the gibberish I typed.

Gotta start using the preview reply option. ;)
G K Murray
Hahaha, funny post this is!!

My da describes it as DISH DISH DISH DISH DISH MUSIC!!

I in hate it when he describes it as this, i could in twat the when he does that sound!

AHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
TiestoInTheMix
have a little talk with your dad. ask him why he really thinks the music is devilish. ask him about the stereotypes that he's imposing on you (trance=drugs). ask him what HE listened to when he was YOUR age!;) i bet ya that'll make him think.

and a funny thing, i gave my mom a "trance nation america" cd, the cheesiest cd i have (has ian van dahl - castles in the sky on it;) + more) so she could work out to it. she later said that the only thing you could do while listening to that kind of music is working out, and even that was a bit hard for her... too repetitive... and i relax when i listen to trance...
Fir3start3r
Now, is that your Dad's opinion or the opinion of the church he goes to?
You must be straight up with him when it comes to the drugs part however...
Yes, it's a free country blah blah ad naseum, BUT if you're living under HIS roof, then respect the wishes of the master of the castle.
Don't get me wrong, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION and yes it sucks, but I can say this because I've BEEN THERE.
Not the music issue, but the issue about the rules of the house.
Until you move out, you might have to abide by some rules (as much as that sucks).
Buy some good headphones and be quiet about it I guess.
But as far as the drugs part (which I'm sure is the more pressing issue with dear ole' dad) but honest with him.
Believe it or not, he's just worried...(even if he doesn't really show it that way)

torontotrance
The devil's music is Happy HardCore and whoever play it should be shot.
UltimaGT
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
The devil's music is Happy HardCore and whoever play it should be shot.

haha word
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement