return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

suggestions needed: birthday gift for mom's 50th
View this Thread in Original format
brightnights
Criteria: She's awesome, fun, outgoing, impulsive, sporty, looks half her age (and doesn't embrace the idea of aging very well), work hard/play hard lifestyle, outdoorsy, into art and design...

Challenge factor:
- No jewelry or clothes (she has amazing style, and better stuff than I could ever pick)
- no iPod or techy gadget type stuff (technology is not her friend)
- no bath/beauty products or perfume (again, she knows what she likes and already has it, and besides, that's a bit cliché)
- can't do a photo collage arts & crafts kind of thing (all of the photos are in Toronto :S)

ideas?
RoOmIE
try a bird feeder ;)

i gave one to my mom with BLACK sunflower seeds and she went nuts

well actually i gave her 2 ... one for her birthday (chardon) (late) and one for xmas ... (sunflower) (early)

one was with i know in french it's called chardon... but i forget what the word in english for chardon

the sunflower will attract more birds though ... :)
SummerWolf
BeB tickets :rolleyes:
malek
2 males exotic dancers :toothless
Spin Laden
spa
Adamo
bukakke
kate
What kind of art? Does she paint or do photography or something? You could get her something related to that...
Neo Hacker
Funny 'cos my mom is 50 in a week.

I bought her tickets for Robert Charlebois, one of her best singer. She haven't seen him live since the 1980s I think.
Dj Nacht
quote:
Originally posted by SummerWolf
BeB tickets :rolleyes:

According to his description of her these are a good idea.
brightnights
BeB tickets would be a good, except she can't take time off work to come to Montreal for the party... She's gone from all-night discos and stuff more towards jazz and salsa dancing nights these days. I was thinking about it... Still as possibility, though.

Spa--good call. That's been my back-up.

Painting/photography/art: she was an art history major in uni, but doesn't produce original work anymore. Nesting things are kind of difficult for the moment, though, because I think she and my dad are splitting up and selling the house within the next couple months. Even if they weren't, the house has always been too small for her to put up all the art she would ideally want.

Thanks everyone for the help ;)

Allied Nations
balenblanc.. get her some DP tix!
kate
You could try a coffee table book of her favourite artist/type of art... My mother loves things like that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement