return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: [1] 2 
Tom DeLay on NPR this morning.
View this Thread in Original format
Perfecto Fluoro
Did anyone catch this, heard it on the way to work.

The guy is ing insane... :nervous:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/...storyId=8991717
Spirit5
He's got no one to blame except himself (and his party)....
Perfecto Fluoro
quote:
Originally posted by Spirit5
He's got no one to blame except himself (and his party)....

I'd say the Texas sun had a big part in it too...
Q5echo
quote:
Originally posted by Perfecto Fluoro
The guy is ing insane... :nervous:

what possibly was "ing insane" about that interview?
Perfecto Fluoro
quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
what possibly was "ing insane" about that interview?

He came off like devotion to his party and survival of it outweighed the interests of running the government and doing what he is supposed to do, being a public servent of the citizens who elect him.

It was really sort of terrifying, I mean it exists in everyone in DC to some extent, but he was rabid about it.

"He isn't an American that shares my views."

:wtf:
Q5echo
quote:
He came off like devotion to his party and survival of it outweighed the interests of running the government and doing what he is supposed to do, being a public servent of the citizens who elect him.

It was really sort of terrifying, I mean it exists in everyone in DC to some extent, but he was rabid about it.

"He isn't an American that shares my views."

:wtf:

no offence, but you're new to politics aren't you?
Perfecto Fluoro
quote:
no offence, but you're new to politics aren't you?

No, but its sorta of disturbing to hear someone explain in what they see as a logical fashion how they put their party above the country.

That sounds like ing communism if you ask me.
Q5echo
quote:
That sounds like ing communism if you ask me.

there is no constituancy in communism. thats who Delay fought for. if you can't understand that then you don't understand American politics. again, no offence.
Perfecto Fluoro
quote:
there is no constituancy in communism. thats who Delay fought for. if you can't understand that then you don't understand American politics. again, no offence.

No, I do not think thats what DeLays intentions were... and he is obviously out of the job because of those suspicions.

He put his party before his people.
Q5echo
quote:
No, I do not think thats what DeLays intentions were... and he is obviously out of the job because of those suspicions.

He put his party before his people.

he's out of a job sure, but thats a Republican rule. no one elses.

you're not gonna sit there and tell me that Delay did not fight, very effectively i might add, for his constituency. i'm sorry, but you obviously don't know Delay that well.

thats arguably the one thing he is so hated for by the other side.

and what happened to that indictment in 2005? it was thrown out. it took Ronnie Earle 3 different grand juries do get one indictment, just to get thrown out a year later.

the most effective Democratic party witch hunt in recent memory to take out one of the most successful Republican politicians in recent memory. next on their agenda, Karl Rove.:rolleyes:

Perfecto Fluoro
quote:
he's out of a job sure, but thats a Republican rule. no one elses.

you're not gonna sit there and tell me that Delay did not fight, very effectively i might add, for his constituency. i'm sorry, but you obviously don't know Delay that well.

thats arguably the one thing he is so hated for by the other side.

Yea, he might have, but he still seems to have put his party above the country, at least thats what I gathered from his interview.

I mean the Republican party as a whole, not just his constituencies views.
Q5echo
quote:
Yea, he might have, but he still seems to have put his party above the country, at least thats what I gathered from his interview.

I mean the Republican party as a whole, not just his constituencies views.

that, some Republicans will agree with you on.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement